downloads not visible in directory

hi, i have encountered a problem in the past hour or so which has never happened before. when i start a download, and i then right click over the download and open folder it takes me to my documents. Where as before i use to take me to my downloads and all my downloads were visible. I haven't changed any settings and i thought it may of been my lappy playing up, but hwne i tried it on the pc it exactly the same.

it seems to be just the new downloads i have added today.

the ones before today, i right click, open containing folder, and the download is there.

the ones i am adding now, i right click, open containg folder, and it just iopens up my documents.

Hello,

I have a similar pb since today.

The dowloading box si "grey" and I can not see the progress of my downloads.

I have seen this on the posts but I dont understand what it means (I am not an english native speaker)

"8. Why can't I see anything in the directory browser dialog?

Turn on gui.compat_diropen in Advanced and the problem should be fixed."

is it related?

Thanks anyway,

Those are separate problems/ideas.

It sounds like your main listview (the one in the window where you look at the table of data, including torrent name downloaded % speeds etc) needs to be reset. Go to the top of the list, where you normally see the headers for the columns, such as "Name" "%" "Downloaded" and right click -> Reset columns.

For the other #8, that is for people who, when they Add/Open a torrent see an empty directory list. The option is under Ctrl-P > Advanced

Thanks for your advises. Here is what it looks like. When I right click, I do not get the "reset columns" options.

I have tryed to right click everywhere on the windows.

It does download torrents but I can see anything...

Oups, I can I paste a picture of my desktop here? (to show you what it looks like)

/Users/stephane/Desktop/Image 1.png

When I deleted, I took the Utorrent application to the bin,

I did then the same to all files (not much actually that I could find related)

Then I downloaded again Utorrent.

But when I installed the new Utorrent, it showed up the same view and the files were still in the download section (strange...)

Is that the correct way?

Hmm, OK, now iirc, it should recognize wildcards. The * is a wildcard meaning you don't care about the data other than "dat" being in the filename. Perhaps if you replace the last part of "*dat*" with "*.dat"

As I recall the storage information is still the same resume.dat, etc

Did the second command work? The PLIST takes over for the settings.dat (analog in Windows).

• 6 months later...

Did anyone manage to solve this? I'm having the same problem: Greyed-out downloads window with uTorrent on a Mac.

The downloads are still there, and they are still downloading, I just cannot see anything.

UPDATE:

Ok, I fixed it. This appears to be a problem if you use a larger uTorrent window than the standard size it opens to when you start the application. (Don't know why uTorrent doesn't remember what size window it was when it was closed, but there you go.)

If you see a greyed-out download window, or the 'info view' columns, enlarge the uTorrent window before pressing any other buttons and the downloads should come into view. It's a strange behaviour, though.

Archived