Speed Adjustments

Chrispy_Cracker

You've got a 15 Mbit/1Mbit fiber connection? You read all the data, you're to thank. Many people don't read the pages of documentation even after seeing it help others :/

I wish I got those speeds, Very rarely can I break 1MB/s on my 10Mbit down cable due to.. "network management" blah.

They're holding off upgrading to DOCSIS 3.0 rollout in the LA area, supposedly 1 of the top 25 metro areas, right... if they delay much longer FTTH will be able to undercut their prices no matter how little profit they make ><

I will admit the bars I used for http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=57185 I was downloading the slackware DVD ISO and it completed in just shy of an hour (10Mbit sustained).

OT: Their ads now are so deperate they have to say "Verizon Fiber Tech Support is only available during work hours, what if you have a billing problem-- If you've got a question @ 10pm, don't call them, they won't be there" I understand the peace of mind one gets when "IF there's a problem I KNOW someone will be there" but I guess they don't feel confident in the "Try it out for the first year for only $19.95 a month" anymore. Since fiber competes at a more symmetric connection speed and with little to no talk of bandwidth caps or metered connections.

Archived