Couple questiosn - speed statistics and last active

crossmr

I noticed the speed statistics in utorrent are for all torrents combined. Is it possible to somehow get individual speed statistics for files?

Also is there anyway to modify the "last active" field so that it only updates the torrent as being active when it meets certain criteria, for example: greater than 1KB/s for longer than 10seconds

or something like that?

The last active can be pretty misleading if people are only connecting to you and grabbing .1k/s for 2 seconds and disconnecting.

You cannot see an individual torrent's speed over time. You can get the instantaneous speed in the listview or the General tab. Adding this functionality to the Speed tab has been requested already ;)

Last active was changed previously from only registering download, to registering download for Downloading torrents and upload for Seeding torrents. From the description it should update/change when actively transferring data, but since I don't use it I hadn't checked whether this is the case. Peers simply connecting are causing the time to reset when no data is transferred?

On some torrents I might have a peer connect to me for all of 2 seconds and download at a speed of only 0.1 KB/s and then disconnect. Technically data was transferred but nothing significant and this sometimes could go on for hours with them connecting every 30 seconds or so and doing this, so the last active shows that the torrent is pretty active, but no real amount of data has been transferred. Sometimes I use the last active to judge whether or not I should keep seeding a torrent and its a little misleading. I'd like to be able to tweak this so that the last active is reporting a genuine transfer not this tiny little connections.

That connection information, if you enable logging of verbose connect requests, in the Logger tab, you would likely see only peer update information, aka "HAVE requests". Is it possible on those torrents, that the peers are simply not interested in your data, aka "Selective Downloading".

I mentioned data being transferred because this information, which you get upon peer connection is technically protocol overhead, not actual data relating to your torrent files.

If indeed this is the case what version are you using (Alt-H-A) I'll try things to report whether it's the same in the current beta clients 1.8.3 and 1.9 IF so, it would be a bug IMO ;) That's exactly what I'd interpret Last Active to mean as well(technical, the transferring of even 1 16 KiB block of data, the smallest unit of a piece transferred at once).

I'm using 1.8.2 I don't have any torrents exhibiting this behaviour right now, just something that has bothered me in the past a few times. If I see a torrent doing it, I'll check and see if the last active is still being updated. I know in the past it was always updated and it always drove me nuts because I could never really see when it was that I actually delivered any real data to someone else.

Archived