Can't get decent speeds.

Mullen V2

I can't seem to get a decent speed, and even when I get a speed of about 55 kB/s it cuts down to around 10kB/s every couple of minutes. I set up a static IP and forwarded my ports like portforward.com said to, but when I test to see if the port is forwarded, it still tells me it isn't even though I have a green check. The green check comes and goes, though. Every few minutes it will go back to the yellow exclamation mark. I have a D-Link DIR-625 wireless router and I am on a wireless connection, but I have also tried plugging into the router and plugging straight to the modem. It was actually worse plugging to the router and seemed the exact some when I plugged into the modem.

OK so what information are you going to give up to help sigure it out? ;) Starting with your settings from the Speed Guide along with your speedtested values. Include any settings you may have changed under Ctrl-P > Advanced

And whenever you change your networking settings does the same thing happen say on the test torrents, openoffice or slackware? THey are for diagnostic purposes.

The info in Speed Guide says:

Connection Type: xx/2Mbit

Upload Limit: 186.0 kB/s

Upload Slots: 8

Connections (per torrent): 100

Connections (global): 750

Max active torrents: 9

Max active downloads: 8

I'm using port 45682.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/470682188.png

I have everything in advanced settings on default. Sorry I didn't provide this info before. I was kind of in a hurry to post before

I left the house.

Not a problem. OK, so the problem might be really simple, you see on the speeedtest you have 10:1 down to up ratio. You may have 3Mbit down, but you have .3Mbit up. So if you change those settings for xx/384 or below OR use Switeck's #2 link and select xx/320 it should provide better. You won't be trying to choke your upload quite so bad. :D

Yeah the upload stays around 23. The download is at7.1 right now and the upload is at 23.4. It has gotten worse since I changed the settings, but I don't understand why that would happen. I haven't had a green check since I changed them, but I have only changed the settings in uTorrent and I didn't change the port or anything.

Set encryption to forced and unchecked allow legacy connections. Both download and upload speeds are around 20 or 25 now, but I was getting a somewhat steady 50 or 60 earlier today. I still don't have a green check. I know people that have checked it, yes, but

I have no idea what their results have been.

It seems like that fixed it. Although it drops sometimes, I've been getting around 100 kB/s down on one torrent and the green check has been there since I forwarded the port in the modem firewall settings. I didn't even know my modem had a firewall. Thanks for being patient and helping me figure this out.

Archived