problem with seeding

bizze

Hello. I have searched for people with the same problem as me but don't seem to find any answer to my problems. So i'll try it here.

I'm downloading torrents with uTorrent 1.8.2 and have no problem with the downloading part. It flows good and i pretty much stay at max for my bandwith.

But heres the problem. When I am about to start seed it seems that the "connection" just resets all the time. I connect to 3-5 leechers and maybe reach 50kB/s and then it dies and i lose connection to all who im sharing with and it starts over again.

Sometimes it happens to work i seed with full bandwith for some minutes and then the problem is back. I have no idea what the problem is. Since it works sometimes it only makes it more weird in my eyes.

I have opened ports in my router (Netgear WNR2000) and checked it with portforwarding.com's program and the port should be open. Then icon in uTorrent which displays if i have connection is ALWAYS green. It never goes yellow or red.

The tracker im using is a good local tracker with users only from my own country. And the torrents i seed have about 100-200 leechers. Why won't it connect to them?

In the router settings I also have my computer as "DMZ" which means I should stand outside the firewall.

Some facts:

Router: Netgear WNR2000

ISP: Bredbandsbolaget 100/10

using port: 61062

hope someone can help me with this annyoing problem. Thanks in advance, Tobias

it seems that i have double posted i two parts of the forum. I'm sorry for the spam. if a moderator sees this you could remove the one in the wrong part of the forum. thanks ^^

In the router settings I also have my computer as "DMZ" which means I should stand outside the firewall.

Which has been known on some brands of routers to actually cause the problems you describe.

And the torrents i seed have about 100-200 leechers. Why won't it connect to them?

How many other seeds are on the torrents?

I have now tried to uncheck the DMZ but it didn't help.

Seeders are around 100-200. Sure it could be that all the downloaders are already downloading elsewhere. But I find this very hard to believe that i can't seed to anyone of these 100+ users. And that dont explain why it starts up, and the dies. Over and over again.

hope somebody have a clue about this. because i don't :/

For internet security, I only have AVG anti-virus (free edition). But that has never been a problem before.

Network goes like this:

Cable from the wall -> Router -> Computer.

on my computer I have an integrated network card on the motherboard. The motherboard are MSI SLI k9n. I have checked their homepage and downloaded the latest network-drivers.

Archived