Limit for minimum speed of upload to peer.

tornadoz

Hi.

I need restrict minimum speed of uploading torrents to peer.

So, example - if peer downloading from me less than 100 kb/s when disconnect peer.

I need this because than i seeding more then 300 torrents and 20 active and 280 in queue, peers with 5kb/s dont use my bandwidth but dont give next in queue start and seed to next peers (that maybe can leech from me at bigger speeds).

Sorry for ugly english, i'm ukraininan ))).

I mean that i dont want peers with slow internet can leech from my host, i want seed only on speeds that bigger than 100 or 300 or 500 KB/s (i want manually can change this speed), because my raid cannot afford more than 300IOPS/s - and i dont want spend these IOPS to give some 5KB to leecher with modem, i want spend these IOPS to leechers with good and fast internet connection.

This can work example so:

peer connected

peer start leech

60 seconds we are measure speed

if speed < "speed setting" than disconnect peer

if speed > we continue upload data to peer

• 1 month later...

"my raid cannot afford more than 300IOPS/s - and i dont want spend these IOPS to give some 5KB to leecher with modem"

Set uTorrent's cache size rather large, (like 100+ MB) then it won't be fetching parts of the torrents from disk as often...it'll be grabbing bigger parts from disk each time with hopefully longer delays between each each read.

"Use additional upload slots if upload speed <90%" already exists, although it's not great. So try to use enough upload slots to cover most (~80%) of your conditions and let it cover the rest by adding more upload slots temporarily as needed.

Archived