Speed problem.....i guess !

Yuuki

I have a speed problem with utorrent 1.8.2, it does not go up 200 k/s....why?

My port is fine routed...firewall ok...but why only under 200 k/s.

I think is because i download 75 torrets all at once?

Anyone have some ideas?

P.S. My download is 10Mb/s .....average of 1.1 MB/s

Downloading @ > 1 MByte/sec, you still shouldn't have that many torrents downloading at once. It can create unnecessary disk contention for writing files. And it results in more... cleanup, aka defrag, later.

Are you getting any "Disk Overloaded" messages? Personally I'd recommend a queue size more akin to http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=34259 but the Speed Guide (Ctrl-G) will do too. You want to take a picture of your CURRENT Speed Guide settings? (uploading to imageshack procedure)

ok i installed bitorrent 6.1.2 to split the torrents in half...at least...

uttorrent with games and bitorrent with videos....

btw my upload rate sucks like max 100 k/s but my download rate is 1.0 M/s.

And I have windows vista 32bit Ultimate.

And the write thing is no problem i have a 32 Mb buffer and i have tuneup 2009....everyday disk frag...:P

Bitorrent

th.0ec8287ed6.png

Utorrent

th.cdadee8a7b.png

But only 100 k/s for uttorent and bitorrent.

So you've got 10/1 Mbit ... yeah don't use such a large queue. Managing torrents, you can use two clients, I guess, but if you're going to do that, change your settings to be for xx/512 then.

One thing to understand, as you increase number of torrents number of slots is MULTIPLIED and that is divided into your upload speed. With each peer requiring > 1 KiBps, and an average of 3-5 being optimal, your current settings, honestly, suck.

If you are unable to share effectively, you're not giving yourself even half a chance to download. On swarms where you have many seeds it isn't a problem, but on other swarms including smaller (< 10 total peers) and peer dominated swarms, it is. Peers may send you one piece, and if you don't upload anything elsewhere because you're just taking and not giving due to bad settings, they skip you and move onto the next guy.

It doesn't look like you need to split your downloads into even multiple clients after all.. If you don't test higher than 1 Mbit up, stick to the xx/512 Kbit settings. Please stop choking your upload with so many active torrents and slots splitting your limited upload too many ways to send data to ANY peer efficiently ;)

Closer, but if you take 51 / (20 * 4) you get < 1 KiByte/sec I'd say you should shoot between 8 and 17 total slots, which puts you between 3 and 6 KiB/sec per peer (with an upload slot). http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=34259 puts it @ 4 slots 4 torrents which is right in there (16 total). Remember it's TOTAL so if you want to increase torrents, decrease slots.

Archived