just change isp downloads are slow

a-light

hi ppl ive just change isp from virgin net to bt total broadband option 3.heres the problem when i was on virgin i used to connect to anything up to 100 seeds and peers and download at speed of 500 to 800 kb/s. now i cant connect to more than 10 seeds and 10 peers and it is downloading never more than 10kb/s. has anyone got any suggestions to what the problem could be. ive got a feeling its bt limiting me. but any help would be a great thanks.

hi thanks for helping me out. just ran speed test these are the results

Your connection is: 357 Kbps or 0.4 Mbps

You uploaded at: 44 kB/s

You are running: 6 times faster than 56K and can upload 1 megabyte in 23.27 second(s)

Member Ident: CompID:790246393259

Test Time:: 2009/05/13 - 6:58am

Test Browser and OS info: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1)

Test ID: BK6F5YGDX (if this is a screenshot go to testmy.net to see if this is fake)

Diagnosis ^info^: Awesome! 20% + : 52.56 % faster than the average for host (btcentralplus.com)

This was tested from a 579 kB file and took 13.297 seconds to complete

the torrents do download they just take ages. with my last isp i could connect to 50 or 60 seeds. i cant figure out whats changed for it to be doing this. its the same if i download of someone popular like axxo. ive got the green tick and everything.

may I join this topic...I have the same problem as what a-light had posted

the logger tab of uTorrent usually shows:

"[2009-05-17 20:45:58] 82.41.228.102:22413: [µTorrent 1.8.1 (29.1)]: Got Have 479"

and

"[2009-05-17 20:46:04] 122.167.94.152:37209: [µTorrent 1.8.2 (61.0)]: Got Request while choked: 2163:1703936->16384"

does that mean that I'm getting a seeder??

note: most of the seeders which I have connected to are choked making them useless in my perspective... there are 109 seeders in the torrent I'm downloading

My average speed is 7kB/s (sometimes even reaching 0.1 kB/s :( )...can that be fixed

Those entries in the logger means:

1.(Got Have 479) a peer reported having a piece of the torrent.

2.(Got Request while choked) your uTorrent stopped uploading to a peer (choking them) but got a request from that peer for more uploading to it.

While that doesn't tell me if you're a seed or just a peer, it definitely means uTorrent is TRYING to upload to others.

Both messages can be normal while uTorrent is running, but #2 should not be all the time.

I still don't know what's causing your low speeds, whether you have a software firewall acting in a hostile manner, whether your ISP is hostile to BitTorrent traffic, whether you have severe networking problems, or something else.

Have you done GOOGLE searches about your ISP concerning BitTorrent problems?

...and asked people locally who are also on the same ISP if they have troubles?

Right-click in Logger window and turn on logging for everything EXCEPT verbose Incoming/Outgoing Have messages, aggregate messages, and finished metadata.

Then if you're seeing nothing in logger, you're not connected to ANY seeds or peers...

Archived