Not connecting to the peers/seeds?

l0nEr

Hi, I just started using µTorrent and i have encountered this problem. For example, the trackers says that there is 1 seed and 13 peers, but using µTorrent, i am only able to connect to 1 seed and 3 peers. On the other hand, bitcomet (after closing µTorrent) is able to connect to 1 seed and 10 peers. Even after leaving µTorrent on for sometime, the no. of connected peers does not seem to increase. The download triangle doesnt have the STOP sign next to it, so i assume that µTorrent is not blocked by my firewall. (anyway, my firewall log does not register any blocking).

Help? ThanX

The download triangle doesnt have the STOP sign next to it, so i assume that µTorrent is not blocked by my firewall.

Bad assumption. That indicator is only for tracker related problems.

Check your status bar for:

"Network OK" (good)

"NAT Error" (bad)

"Listen Error" (horrid)

"UPnP (Port number) OK" (good)

"UPnP (Port number)" (sort of ok)

Does singnet interfere with BT?

Also, your ISP puts you behind a transparent proxy, which would reduce the number of connections you'd be able receive unless you specify your IP in "IP to report to tracker". If any of those peers were firewalled, you'd never get to connect to them. BitComet can because of UDP NAT traversal (but only with other BC peers)

Does singnet interfere with BT?

Also, your ISP puts you behind a transparent proxy, which would reduce the number of connections you'd be able receive unless you specify your IP in "IP to report to tracker". If any of those peers were firewalled, you'd never get to connect to them. BitComet can because of UDP NAT traversal (but only with other BC peers)

My ISP also uses transparent proxy.

I use http://www.whatismyip.com to determine my ip.

And I pluck the addresss as you have indicated.

What difference should I see?

Thanks

SB

Archived