Removed all torrents from client.

babelfreak

Ok as the title says I removed all torrents from my client, they are still on my hard drives just not listed in the client anymore. I had just selected all torrents at once to turn them back on to seed. (Only some were stopped because of high amount of seeds) I was going to permantly remove one that was not on my hard drive and without releasing all were still selected I removed them all. Now all I want to do is re-add them to my utorrent client. Should be simple enough only I cant find how. Soooo how do I re add my many torrents??

Now I don't know what version that is written for but its not 1.8.2 I do not have these choices in my version. There is no downloads or others in my preferences.

{qoute}Loading multiple torrents stored in a single folder.

Let's say in your previous client you had setup a "completed torrents" folders and you wish to reload all the torrents from this location into µTorrent.

1. Create a folder called AUTOLOAD on your desktop

2. Create a folder called TORRENTS somewhere where you wish your finished torrents to be relocated (for example c:\My Documents\My Torrents\).

3. Go to Options > Preferences > Downloads : location of downloaded files: check "Put new downloads in:" and point the path to the folder you were using to save your completed torrents in with your previous client.

4. Go to Options > Preferences > Others. Under Storage for torrent files: Check "Move .torrents for finished jobs to: " and point the path to the TORRENTS folder (never mind the "Save the .torrent files" option for now).

5. Under Auto-load Torrents, check "Automatically load torrents in directory" and point the path to the AUTOLOAD folder on your desktop.

6. Find the .torrent for the files you wish to load (which match the files in your completed folder), and move them (not copy) to the AUTOLOAD folder on your desktop.

µTorrent automatically loads the .torrents from the AUTOLOAD folder into the torrent list. µTorrent will find that the matching files are already in the download folder and will check them to make sure they are complete.

Note: this procedure is also valid for partially downloaded files{[/qoute}

Now I have tried to follow these instructions but it is not reading anything I have moved to the Autoload folder.... so any help here please!!!

I guess I just don't understand this very well. I have a temp folder on my c drive which contains my current uploads and a couple that didn't transfer over when completed. I then have my torrents folder on my e drive which contain the files containing everything downloaded of each title .. so how do I put that completed folder back into my client cause I'm not sure which or what torrent files you mean.

And too I put the auto folder on my e drive cause I dont really have room on the c drive.

Though the guide is out-of-date as far as locations, hopefully these graphics with updates will help...

utautoloadselfcontained.th.pngutautoloadselfcontainedh.th.png

This is for a self-contained uT, with everything under one folder, but the process would be the same .. you press the ... (Browse) button for whichever option you need, click on the folder you want, say OK, say Apply and/or OK to get out of Preferences, and add more torrents.

Yes I linked the thumbnails, Hold Ctrl and click for a new tab/window for the larger images. I hope they are clear.

It says you need to move your torrents to the autoload file but where do we get the torrents from. You say its not the completed file and its not the temp file and my torrents file in the utorrent file in my program files is full of names of torrents I no longer have..deleted some time ago. So where are the torrents to move to the autoload file?

Torrents you removed from the list, but didn't delete (I presume your Remove button looks like this utautoloadremove.png) are in Start > Run > %APPDATA%\uTorrent (APPDATA is a system variable, it should fill it in)

Under XP this means C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\uTorrent

On Vista this is usually C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent

I always liked pictures ;) and am glad they helped you. Don't worry about me, pay it forward. Everyone knows something better than others, so take your knowledge and share.

Maybe a link to the preferred (replace) thread should be included in the dox since as babelfreak and sidthecat proclaim, and are correct, the guide doesn't completely describe Preferences after the change-over

Now, here's a strange thing...it looks like uTorrent is downloading from the Internet and not the files on my drive. It's going incredibly slowly and I'm not running anything else but my browser. I have the files and the torrents in the Autoload folder, so it should just run them from there, but could it be downloading from the Outside instead?

Thanks.

Well that's what the "Remove to trash" is for ;)

... To be clear, TORRENTS go in the torrent storage and AUTOLOAD. FILES go in INCOMPLETE and COMPLETE whatever those are set in your settings. If you don't have the "always show dialog on manual add" or "show a window that displays files inside torrents" enabled, then uT will ask you "do you want to use this data, it appears to already be in your complete folder?"

utautoloadalreadycomple.th.png

You can keep it incomplete if you're not sure. It will move the data from INCOMPLETE to COMPLETE after the check.

If you don't think it checked your files, stop it immediately, or it may overwrite what you already had. That's of course if the path is correct. Sometimes things don't get autp-put correctly apparently. So, if you could, double check under the General tab, the Save As, does that look correct? If so, right click on the torrent in the main listview, "Open Containing Folder". Does that open correctlly? If so, try right click > Advanced > Set download location again, path to the files(folder) and CLICK on it. Say OK, then Right click > Force Recheck

You will see it start out checking 0.0% (you can follow it on the Files tab) and proceed to 100%. If when it says 100% you don't have the files, unfortunately it sounds like the data you copied was overwritten. If that's the case, could you remember exactly the steps you went through, all clicks, etc. This is because the Rechecking should happen immediately on load and before any data is attempted to be downloaded.

Make sense?

Thanks...the General tab and the "set download location" menu item only tell me where they want to put the files...they aren't interested in where they come from.

The General tab indicates that it wants to save to "G:\Incomplete,"which I think is correct. Now, when I click on "Open Containing Folder" (that folder is in Autoload), it simply opens the folder.

If I open that folder, I see two folders labeled "cd1" and "cd2." If I open them, I see the individual .flac files. Is that what I'm supposed to see? There's nothing to click on to open them.

When I click on "Set Download Location," it shows me the destination folder, not the originating folder.

I hate to be a pest, but this is a little unintuitive for me. It would hurt my pride to simply download the damned things again so I'd like to figure this out.

It would hurt my pride for it to not pick up the data you already have :)

So, your data you already downloaded, you have it in G:\Incomplete (your portable). If you right now, right click, force recheck the data, does it go higher than it was already? The layout you described sounds perfect for a 2CD music compilation/album.

I'm confused where you're expecting any source from.... if you still have the data on your internal, you COULD have it move from there to your completed folder by unticking the option under > Directories "only move from the default download directory". BUT that would require you to STOP the current incomplete one which is on your external, then right click > advanced > set download location > path to the parent folder for your torrent (above the cd1/cd2 folders) say OK, then a right click > force recheck. That will tell you how much data you have already downloaded.

Did that help at all?

Archived