Sleep/hibernate no longer working

kingdunmail

Hi

I've had a problem with my machine since using the "sleep on completion" feature. Now sleep or hibernate no longer work. When i press sleep it closes down like it normally would to go into S3 sleep but when i restart the screen is just black and i have to do a hard reset. Sometimes it comes up with a boot screen saying somethiing like would you like to boot as normal or boot from the hibernation file (sorry can't remember exactly) but always have to boot windows normally. Once i get to the desktop, windows doesn't detect that an error as occured so nothing in the event log. This is driving me crazy as now i have to shutdown completely all the time and have the joy of waiting for XP to boot up everytime.

Had a look through the forums and googled to death but can't find anything - anyone else come across this error?

Any help greatly appreciated.

So you're only using the uT built-in function yes? You're not actually pressing the button on your computer. It's possible the chipset for your mobo has a bug ... actually many chipsets for laptops don't really do hibernate well. Hence why they suggest or basically force "suspend" aka sleep on you.

What about the computer do you know, i.e. if it's a OEM, brand/make/model would help... or if you built it the make model of the motherboard would suffice, if you know the chipset even better.

Its not clear its a µTorrent issue. I have the problem with my Windows 2000 workstation, but µTorrent just shows the symptom but I'm sure it would happen to you if your computer went into hibernation due to another application.

Archived