2224 torrents... labels wiped

lakecityransom

So I meant to change the label of one section of torrents right... I had all selected. I just wiped out about 30 sections of organized torrents. My one saving grace is that a good portion of it is organized as it was labeled. Alas, there is no section to sort torrents by the download path o_o

uTorrent's stance against file management really makes me hate it... am I totally screwed here, is there no way?

If you can think of improvements for the program which would theoretically be useful for all bencoded files feel free to make comments... AFAIK the drive is still there. People don't seem to be posting feature requests anymore because it has everything they want.

For the record look up the conditional find Ultima created in BFE... you could do labelling based on path if you wanted that way. Maybe you can add that as a feature request? The Find/Replace doesn't quite work like that... my apologies, but if say you had a KEY=PATH VALUE=1,2,3,4,5 but you wanted to change it.. you can do that. It still requires clicking, but it may be less clicking to do label-by-label in BFE than to have to click through folders in the uT GUI.

Could you turn on the tracker column, sort by that and apply labels that way? What about sorting by Add Date?

That's the problem about BEncode Editor. It's usefulness is severely limited in that you can't change something else based on searching for something. You can only change what you find. Each torrent has a tree branch of data. So, why not let you search for something, then specify what you want to change on the specified torrent if a match is found? That's what it really needs.

I tried at one point to automate things with some macro skills using autohotkey, but there was some issue with the data shifting to 1 of 2 positions in the window and screwing things up. If I can figure that out, I can sort things by download location. I guess I HAVE to try at this point...

As far as added date goes, most stuff was added over about 2 years at this point, not much use. Tracker column is somewhat useful but I have different uses of different files ie new things to watch, stuff queued for freeleeching, music genres, etc.

Indeed, modifying other things based on what is found occurred to me when I first implemented search/replace, but I haven't thought of any obvious way to implement it cleanly (though to be fair, I haven't given it too much thought, period, because of how annoying/complex it seemed to implement).

Well it would be a great service to uTorrent if you ever got around to making it a reality some day :P

It took an hour or two, but I've cleared most things up. I figured the best method was for me to go down the list sorted by add date and look closely for filepath name changes. I had long lists of torrents that I added to particular places at one time, so that helped sort out about 1/2 - 3/4 of it.

Yeah there really isn't any drive to (do that especially since it's asked about so often). If you have a problem with your dat files, you fix the problem, not get the coders to give you a "backup". You have resume.dat and resume.dat.old (and resume.dat.bad if you edit it wrongly on startup), so if you know you did a booboo, you have the 30 seconds until your data gets overwritten by a (different and/or useless resume.dat.ols).

Archived