uTorrent works, but torrents won't download

OHCfan

So I have had uTorrent for about 5 months now and have had no problems downloading large torrents in the past. The thing is though, lately when I try and run torrents in it, they just...don't work! I'm not sure whether it's because of the settings I have or what, but even when I try and force start it, it doesn't budge. The normal blue bar that it SHOULD be when downloading is just a red bar, and my little orb in the lower right hand corner is grey and I get hardly any up/down kB/sec. Ugh! I would love to know if there's a reset settings thing or something, maybe that would help? Is there any way to reset the configurations for uTorrent? Like, to restore to the defaults? I have been tampering with the speed to try and increase the performance, but uh...so far, seems to be only adding to the problem. Any advice/suggestions that might resolve this issue? I'm mainly looking for a way to reset uTorrent back to the default settings. Thanks very much.

Are you using uT/Mac or uT for windows?

The general ideas/settings on mac are the same as windows, however the configuration options for uT/Mac aren't as available. The basic tenets are ... setup your upload speed. Control how many peers to connect to. Control how many torrents you run. Set slots so that UPLOAD / (Torrents * slots) > 3 for good results, but for minimal results it can be > 1.

I'm using uT/Mac, and I did the diagnostics from the link you gave me. It gave me a decent kb/sec download and upload rate, and tested the Slackware download as well. Seems to be going well, but when I download stuff like I was before, it just doesn't start up. I don't get it. Slackware torrent downloads but the one I want to get doesn't? Configuring uT for Mac so the thing actually works is a little confusing for me though.

I've got the most current update. I managed to get it running, but I don't know how, heh, it just does, but now I am eager to try and discover an optimum form of download/upload and other options so that my torrents download quicker. I think it was just the fact that I tried to make it go faster but made a few errors.

Archived