[Help]Offline (timed out) a nightmare

hernysun

I am using the utorrent client 1.8.2 with windows xp(sp3) and faced offline(timeout) on private trackers. While I was studying on Bittorrent technology.

It don't happen on public trackers like TPB. But on the private tracker based on bytemonsoon or torrentbits.

I have try those settings before but it still not working right now...

1) Disable the DHT

2) Port forwarding of the router

3) Protocol encrypted to Forced

4) Disable the windows firewall

5) Disable UPnP(now enabled)

6) Disable NAT-PMP(now enabled)

7) Set bt.graceful_shutdown to ture

8) Set bt.transp_disoistion to 5 and 10(now setback to 0)

9) Decrease the net.max_halfopen below and to 8

but the problem is still there... what else can i do?

I have try several sites already and it comes out the conclusion i can connect to public tracker but not private tracker but why?

Glasnost result:

Is BitTorrent traffic on a well-known BitTorrent port (6881) throttled?

* There was a problem with the BitTorrent upload (seeding). Our tool did not detect forged TCP RST packets, but nevertheless no data could be transfered.

* There was a problem with the BitTorrent download. Our tool did not detect forged TCP RST packets, but nevertheless no data could be transfered.

Is BitTorrent traffic on a non-standard BitTorrent port (10009) throttled?

* There was a problem with the BitTorrent upload (seeding). Our tool did not detect forged TCP RST packets, but nevertheless no data could be transfered.

* There was a problem with the BitTorrent download. Our tool did not detect forged TCP RST packets, but nevertheless no data could be transfered.

Is TCP traffic on a well-known BitTorrent port (6881) throttled?

* There's no indication that your ISP rate limits all uploads at port 6881. In our test, a TCP upload on a BitTorrent port achieved at least 104 Kbps while a TCP upload on a non-BitTorrent port achieved at least 47 Kbps. You can find details here.

Is TCP traffic on a well-known BitTorrent port (6881) throttled?

* Comparing TCP transfers using the well-know BitTorrent port 6881 and the non-BitTorrent port 10009:

TCP Transfer BitTorrent port Non-BitTorrent port Conclusion

Upload #0 49 Kbps 47 Kbps No rate limiting

Upload #1 47 Kbps 47 Kbps No rate limiting

"8) Set bt.transp_disoistion to 5 and 10(now setback to 0)"

...Doesn't work on uTorrent v1.8.2 and earlier.

Disable Resolve IPs as well.

You failed to mention your ISP, which you should probably do more research to find out if others are having the same problem and how they fixed it.

Archived