How to install ipfilter.dat

pipeash2

I see some other posts on internet about the subject and would like to bring some info about how I installed the ipfilter.

1-Download by Blocklist Manager the up to date list of nasty IPs.

2-When finished, open convert manager and save under GENERIC-IP-Unpadded format (The emule version works as well) and, save it as ipfilter.dat in somewhere. I create a folter according to the date

3-Copy and paste ipfilter.dat in Doc & Settings / Profile name / Application Data / uTorrent as ipfilter.dat

4-Open uT and connect to a torrent

5-In uT go to options/preferences/advance and find the line ipfilter and, click on true

6-Under PEERs choose a peer, click with right button of the mouse and click on reload ipfilter. You should see in the logger that ipfilter is loaded with date and the number of lines of the ipfilter Ex: [2009-05-16 20:25:16] Loaded ipfilter.dat (322135 entries)

It means that ipfilter is loaded and works (crossing the fingers is optional).

You MAY, in the Logger click on the right button, take Peer Traffic Logging and click on Log Blocked Connections. Don't worry, nothing happens :) I think uT 1.8.2 is bugged

1-Download by Blocklist Manager the up to date list of nasty IPs.

That is incomplete and is more likely to funnel you into anti-p2p groups

Do you have external programs filtering incoming traffic with the same blocklist?

Outgoing connection attempts to ipfilter'd peers won't even be attempted so they won't be logged as blocked.

Archived