torrents on wireless internet..........

jrotten

hey all,

just a quick question from a newbie to this scenario, was wondering if anyone has wireless internet and how well their torrents were coming in..............is it possible to overload with too many?? also, have been somewhat advised of the etiquette required in this world.........regarding seeding ect........is it hard to get started with torrents?? i see a lot of my first torrents getting shut down by the peer....would appreciate any info on these thngs so im not left wondering........so if there is anyone who likes to educate us new ones pls feel free...im all ears :)

jrotten

I don't use wireless, but have read about quite a few people who do...and the settings they use.

Wireless generally cannot handle as many connections at wired Ethernet.

It's best to limit global and per torrent connections to 100 or less with wireless.

If you mean a wireless ISP, they may have extreme restrictions on running BitTorrent in the first place!

So yes, it's easily possible to have too many active torrents at once on wireless.

The 2nd link in my signature matches upload bandwidth max with uTorrent settings, but it may be a little too much for wireless...

I have been using Utorrent for years but unfortunately my PC died and I have to download utorrent on my new machine which I have.

Before when I downloaded files Utorrent opened automatically and "handled" the download giving me the option to select files or all.

This doesn't happen now - where have I gone wrong?

Or what should I set up to make it happen seamlessly?

Really need help, please! :(

Archived