BitTorrent won't uninstall.

Temppmet

Alright, so, I go to my start menu, programs, bittorrent, uninstall. Asks me if I'm sure I want to completely remove Bittorrent and all it's blah blah blah. I click yes. Next pop up asks if I want to remove application data. I click yes to that as well. Goes on to say that it has been successfully removed. But it is still in my programs folder, I can still open it, run it, etc. etc. Go through uninstall a couple times, notice that behind the "Remove app data?" pop up it is saying "Could not load C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\BitTorrentIE.1.dll".

I'm going to assume that that's the problem. Although since the point of uninstalling is to remove all of the programs and its files, I'm not quite sure why a missing file is making it fail at uninstalling. But whatever, I just want it gone. Help?

It's the board of uTorrent, anyway now BitTorrent client is just a rebranded version of uT.

To uninstall uT, you just have to erase utorrent.exe from Program Files\uTorrent and the folder %appdata%\utorrent if you don't want to keep your settings & history for a future use of uT (as resuming torrents).

I don't know what's that dll "BitTorrentIE.1.dll".

That filename matches the browser plugin. If the file was installed by the installer, the installer expects it to cleanup. Like moogly said you can delete it manually. Even if you have all browser windows closed, and it's still in use you can use http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/ to help you with that so it won't be stuck anymore. That will allow you to use Add/Remove Programs again.

Archived