FileView: folders, file icons, choose by click, ...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's similar to what uTorrent had a few builds back. Don't know if it'll make it back in though.

FWIW, the design does look nice, but I'm not sure about how effective it would be in practice (Changing priority after selecting multiple torrents, for example). Also, using the same icons that are used for upload/download is confusing; It forces the user to look at the completion % to know if they're done downloading that particular file, or if its still downloading and they just somehow made this weird upload symbol appear.

Yes, you are right about icons.

It could be changed to something like this

uTorrent_priority.png

or whatever else.

Priority could be changed by right click on files or torrents.

IMHO, main goal is to present clearly content of torrent with folder structure and file icons. It very useful when torrent contain more than one folder and different types of files.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Totally +1 on this... I came to suggest the same thing but I've seen you've even done a mockup of the interface. Great job!

Transmission currently has something like this for the contents of each torrent, the only difference is that the priority is separated from the "don't download", which is a checkbox by itself.

IMHO the variant for the priority is confusing, at first sight it is ambiguous in meaning, that is, it can refer to the relative number of peers (few, normal, many) or the health of the seed, or the speed, or the progress of the torrent...

What about a hybrid? That is, the three bars indicating priority, then the tick indicating completion, then a grey dot indicating do not download. That way, "do not download" is clearly visible and differenciated, while the priorities are clear enough. :-)

Edit: okay something like this:

Fk8O6.png

Archived