Problem with too many wasted files

Shaderz

I'm downloading a 5.6gb file, and so far 1 hour and a half elapsed and I download 1.8gb but I have 2.4gb wasted files and 7 hashfails. The speed it shows is around 800kb/s (max of my connection), so it may be faking that speed, when it actually downloads at around 350kb/s. Anyone can help me?

Im using bittorrent btw, but tested with utorrent and had the same problem

So should I download that version? (-- 2009-05-05: Version 1.9 (build 15380)

I can try it latter, the file I'm downloading is 1.5gb left, so its not worth star over

And it happens with every torrent I get. Something I noticed is that when I started to donwload another torrent it stoped wasting files, the rate droped to something like 400kb/s

PS: 4.1gb downloaded, 4.7 wasted :P

If you test and it's the same on slackware you're running some configuration which has an altered MTU apparently, and which, when using UTP the client ... overloads on packets and thereby marking them as bad. If you want to use the beta 1.9 you can. It's beta though and may have some problems, but it's stable for most people. Similarly the stable uTorrent 1.8.2 has this flaw and the beta 1.8.3 fixes it as well but it is not release-quality yet.

Actually... could you denote your Ctrl-P > Advanced settings. What if any are * meaning non-default?

Well, I downloaded that file for 8h and I had 3gb in my computer and 15mb wasted. Now I dont know if it didn't waste to many files because of the lower speed or for any other reason.

And my advanced settings are all default (as far as I know)

Archived