Problem with port forward?

figgy

Hi

I've been using utorrent for a while now with everything working well but have recently had to change my router and now seem to be having some port forwarding problems.

Router is a Thomson mini livebox and unfortunately is not listed in the port forward guide. At the same time as changing the router a couple of other things happened - I downloaded and installed the new version of utorrent 1.8 and also upgraded my anti-virus to panda avpro 2009.

I get intermitten green circles and yellow triangles on utorrent but whichever is showing on checking the port forward i get an error message to say the port isnt working correctly. More triangles than green circles!

Download and upload speeds are terrible

Have checked and checked again that its not panda firewall blocking this and it isnt.

I found a port forwarding guide for my router here

http://forum.portforward.com/YaBB.cgi?num=1233824158

and have followed it correctly - but still dont seem to be having any luck.

Happy to provide any other information that might be helpful to solve this if anyone has any ideas?

Many thanks

thanks for getting back to me

I have followed the setup guide correctly and have correctly setup my firewall.

I have reread the speed guide and slightly tweaked my upload settings - the speed is slightly better although its still very slow.

The icon at the bottom of the page firmly remains a yellow triangle and on using the speed guide in options to test if the port forward is working properly it tells me on checking the port that an error has occurred and the port does not appear to be open. Even when very occasionally this shows as a green circle the guide still tells me the port is not open.

Do you have any idea where to go from here?

If you need any further information please let me know

Many thanks

figgy

Archived