Move file or folder to mark torrent as saved

vkams

This is not to sort torrents using labels.

Suppose I have downloaded torrent and continue seeding. I save it to DVD-disk (for archive) and than I'd like to mark it as saved to be able to delete it when free hard disk space is needed. For nowaday saved and unsaved torrents are mixed in file system.

Solution: make it possible to move torrent file or folder to another folder when torrent lable is changed. Than it will be easy to work with saved torrents not only in utorrent but also in Explorer.

I'm thinking it would be beneficial to have a "Location" Field in Torrent Jobs List

which would show the physical location of where the torrent is.

Thus if the torrent was already moved to a folder related to it's Label, you could easily see that.

Or if as the OP said, he moved the torrent to an "Archive" directory, then it would be obvious from the Jobs List.

Ok, I didn't see that. But if that was a field that you were able to add to the Torrents Job List, you could see scroll thru all the torrents to see where they were put. Instead of having to click on each torrent and then check the [General] tab below.

You could list it over on the right by Added On / Completed On / Tracker, et al.

You're suggesting something like an "archive" flag? ... I would like to know exactly what vkams was thinking

Yes, an "archive" flag will suite for this. Than if there is no more free space for new torrents I will select and delete some archived. Incidentally, uTorrent should allow to delete files at all, not only move them to recycle bin.

Another way - moving archived (but still distributed) torrents to special folder - is even more convenient.

Please implement at least one feature in the nearest release, since it's difficult to manage about 750 torrents. :)

Archived