Issues with general web browsing

cleaverx

Hello to all. Admins, if you find that this message is in the wrong forum, please let me know and I will gladly comply. And now to my question:

First off, I have no complaints about download speeds! Here is the situation: I have three pc's on my network, each with a different os: xp pro, vista ultimate, and windows 7 rc. All updates and service packs installed. I have installed uTorrent on each pc, I have followed the setup guides in great detail, all the ports have been successfully forwarded, and uTorrent works just fine in all of them, no complaints, I love it!

BUT....

Every time any of the pc's are running uTorrent, no matter how large or small of a download, general web browsing on that pc and all the others on the network, slows down to a crawl! From 540+, to about 25-30. I am using a DLink Dir-655 with the latest firmware; all ports are properly forwarded, as indicated by the test results run on each individual pc. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this behavior. Any information you may have would be appreciated. I am going to pose the same question on the dlink user forums just in case.

Thanks in advance.

The Cleaver

Archived