µTorrent WebUI

Ultima

Ultima, what simonbcn reported is true. (This post here http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=420928#p420928)

I've tried a few experiments of my own. It seems like in the WebUI, the scraped peers and seeders got switched (the connected seeders and peers are okay though), which explains simonbcn's screenshots. I can post some of my own but I would rather not go through the pain, since my internet really sucks.

I don't get what you mean. I'm sure getting datas switched is quite different than getting the updated cache from the client itself. Scraped seeds appearing as peers and scraped peers appearing as seeds are what happening.

EDIT: Strange, it's working now. Forget everything I've said. Everything appears to be normal.

Then you misread simonbcn's post, because he wasn't talking about seed/peer counts being switched. He was talking about there being a discrepancy between the numbers in WebUI and the numbers in µTorrent itself, for which I gave an explanation.

Either way, my explanation still applies. µTorrent doesn't know a peer is a seed until it connects to it, so until it does, it will assume any peer in its cache is not a seed, but just a normal peer. As such, it will oftentimes look like µTorrent is reporting more peers than seeds even if it's actually the other way around, but that's because (again) it's reporting numbers form its peer cache, not from the scrape.

Ah damn, looks like right-clicking of column headers is broken too, presumably from the MooTools upgrade... :(Will look into it when I find the time. Edit: Indeed, I've found the regression. Will need to look more closely at the MooTools upgrade to see if any other potential regressions crept in.

I'm not sure if there ever was a Reset item in the column header context menu anyhow. You can always press Esc to reset the entire UI.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
http://trac.utorrent.com/trac/ticket/68

Correct. It's been a longstanding deficiency with adding by URL. It will be addressed somewhere in the future.

That link to ticket tracking status says that magnet URL support has been added to the WebUI for µTorrent 2.0 (ticket marked as closed/fixed). That implies that µTorrent 2.0 is available as a beta for use now...but I can't find this anywhere on the website, even when clicking the "Download beta version" link at the bottom of the main µTorrent website.

How can this ticket be marked as closed/fixed if the version with magnet URL support isn't available, even for testing?

I really enjoy using µTorrent as a service on my Windows Home Server, but that means I must interact with it using the WebUI. Magnet link support would be extremely helpful here. Thanks.

Archived