µTorrent WebUI

Ultima

No worries, didn't take your post as a complaint. My primary reason for citing that old post was for the last part of it actually :)
Anyway, a workaround right now I suppose would be to disable every checkbox option for filters, hitting Apply, then enabling every option you actually do want to use, and then Apply again.

The behavior is perfectly consistent and predictable that way.

The rest of the quote was included for color, in case anyone cared to know why it's broken. Quite disappointed that nothing's changed on that front in nearly 3 years now, but I guess that's because there's no one constantly prodding the devs about the design flaw. I'm still not convinced this is something that should be fixed UI-side given that any changes backend-side (assuming the API design is otherwise left as-is) would again break any UI-side fix I do implement.

Ultima, think you could update the API documentation? It's way outdated and missing a lot of functions

Also a question, the option in the windows client to "create a subfolder" when adding a torrent, is this exposed in the API? If so, how can I disable it (creating my folder structure using an script so don't need uTorrent to add additional directories to my structure)

Nope, no way to prevent subfolder creation -- at least as far as I know.

Which leads to my response to your first query... "as far as I know" is why the docs have languished. When I wrote up the original documentation, I essentially had to "reverse engineer" the entire thing by looking at WebUI's requests to the backend because no canonical/official documentation was ever provided by µTorrent developers. That hasn't since changed (still no official documentation coming from devs); what has changed is the amount of time/energy I am personally able to spend on coaxing information out of the devs.

What specifically are you looking for in terms of updates? New fields in list=1?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to install the web ui and I've downloaded the file at the beginning of this thread, changed the name to webui.zip and put it in the utorrent folder. When I go to http://localhost:8080/gui/ it asks for a user/password I put it in and it gives me the message "The µTorrent WebUI does not seem to be installed. Click here to try to install it, or see the guide for more details." I've clicked both links and they do nothing. Can someone help me get this working?

good day, sirs. need help with access...

i successfully installed webui and can go to it through localhost.

But i need that for access from distant PC's (work, notebook etc)

Aaaand.. i know my internet straight IP address and i set 8080 port but on

ip.ip.ip.ip:8080/gui

Google Chrome cant find that page...

i have no ideas how to make it work, please give some advice

thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

hello all, i'm having a couple problems with the webui, i can't always load it locally with localhost:myport/gui

it asks me for my username/pwd but then stays stuck at "loading". this happens locally and on other computers in lan.

i clear my browser cache and retry, not always work. i use the trick in the help page: http://YourIP:UTport/gui/?action=setsetting&s=webui.cookie&v={}

locally on the utorrent server machine that only gave me the error invalid request.

on the other computer it seemed to work.

ok so here's what i've done:

i followed the instructions at http://www.utorrent.com/help/guides/webui

i've updated the webui.zip to the latest.. no it doesn't have a double extension lol

my ut and alt ports are opened in the firewall&router but still having problem with localhost.

i tested the webui.zip and winrar says its fine.

i'm using chrome 30.0.1599.101 and ie9/ie10 on multiple win 7 sp1 64bits machines.

i still have good old utorrent 2.2.1 build 25110 on my utorrent machine b/c i prefer it.

So my question is: is there a bug in my version of utorrent concerning the use of webui i should be aware of ? Could that be the problem ?

Also, ps, the "trac links" on the help page here http://www.utorrent.com/help/guides/webui

asks to download a file not link to a website ???

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry for bothering, but I installed uTorrent server 3.0 with WebUI v0.388 on my Debian Squeeze server machine and I'm missing an option that I have on Windows uTorrent version. I used %K variable when running external program after downloading and that would give me the information if the torrent is a single or multi file torrent. Sadly, this option is missing in the WebUI and the variable doesn't resolve when running external program. Is this WebUI related or is it utserver version issue?

Archived