µTorrent WebUI

Ultima

Yep, I know of the problem with Web needing to be enabled. It's really not something I can resolve from the WebUI frontend. I have bugged Firon about it, and have brought it up with a dev. mcdonald has said that stated that it'll be resolved in the future.

I should probably note that any features that require a non-stable version of µTorrent should themselves be considered and treated as experimental features, so expect bugs :P Regarding the duplication, I did run across such a problem while I was first implementing it, but (thought?) I fixed it by the time I'd released it. I don't seem to be able to reproduce the bug.

Although I use the MiniUI on the iPhone to "fine tune" torrents (or is there something better?), but I still prefer using WebUI on iPhone Safari to quickly focus/check on torrents.

uTorrent v2.0.4 + WebUI v0.371, was great, I can focus/enlarge the display without issues, BUT uTorrent v2.0.4 + WebUI v0.380, the display turns GRAY when I enlarge the display. Can WebUI use the previous method for screen draws on iPhone's Safari as to NOT GRAY out most of DISPLAY area?

Thanks...

Hey,

I'm a developer for an application called Rainmeter that allows users to display custom skins (or widgets) on their desktops.

I and many others have created skins for uTorrent and we use WebUI (/gui/?list=1) to retrieve our data. Our problem, however, is that we have to display everything (completed downloads as well). This is due to the lack of a proper scripting interface for Rainmeter, but that might change in the near future.

Nevertheless, an option to display active downloads only would be very nice and highly appreciated (e.g. /gui/?list=1&activeonly=true).

Thanks!

He's probably referring to having an API request. Rainmeter is a widget engine, so it probably has its own custom widget to throw the data on screen (it doesn't use the WebUI frontend, only the backend). Without scripting, it isn't simple (if not impossible) to display only a subset of the data, and that's why poiru wants an extra parameter.

He's probably referring to having an API request. Rainmeter is a widget engine, so it probably has its own custom widget to throw the data on screen (it doesn't use the WebUI frontend, only the backend). Without scripting, it isn't simple (if not impossible) to display only a subset of the data, and that's why poiru wants an extra parameter.

Yep, that's what I'm after.

• 2 weeks later...

Trick or treat!

v0.380 WIP (2010-10-31)

+ Feature: Download path selection (uTorrent 3.0 and newer only)

+ Feature: Full torrent job removal support (uTorrent 3.0 and newer only)

~ Change: Append log entries to bottom of log

~ Change: Default to using virtual listview (rather than paged listview)

~ Change: Hide "Remove Label" if all selected torrent jobs have no label

~ Change: More robust handling of labels with special characters

~ Change: No longer requires compatibility mode when viewed under IE

~ Change: Setting "Max. rows per page" to 0 uses full virtual listview

~ Change: Show "New Label..." and "Remove Label" at top of Label submenu

~ Change: Speed graph line colors changed to more closely match desktop UI

~ Change: Support gui.log_date

~ Change: Updated MooTools to v1.3

* Fix: Context menu display issue in some situations

* Fix: Guest page broken after Transfer Cap usage history implemented

* Fix: Guest page listviews displaying incorrect data sometimes

* Fix: Language selection dropdown missing in IE

* Fix: Some comboboxes don't have a default value set in IE

* Fix: Status column not updating while torrent is being checked

* Fix: Torrent job items being updated with data for torrent job on another page

* Fix: Unstyled General tab item in IE

Massive changelog (relatively speaking anyway).

Finally got around to implementing download path selection several weeks ago. It requires µTorrent 3.0, but the sub-path support is very limited due to a backend limitation. Specifically, sub-paths will not be used unless the sub-path already exists in the filesystem as a directory. Nearly useless indeed, but it wasn't my call. I'll bug the backend devs some more about it, but for the time being, enjoy :P (At least base path selection definitely works.)

People who hate the paging system used in the listview can rejoice, because I finally got around to fixing the virtual listview support. Gone is the need to flip to the next page to see more torrents -- just keep scrolling, and it'll dynamically populate the rest. This is enabled by default for clean installs of WebUI. For users upgrading and wanting this virtual listview behavior, set the max number of listview rows to 0 in the Preferences.

Anybody experiencing the issue schnurlos previously reported also have cause for celebration now, because I finally managed to reproduce the problem and fix it. Sort of. I don't like my fix, but a lot of the listview code is a mess already as is. I'm still trying to clean up whatever I can, but it's not simple. Interestingly, this bug only affected listviews because they were using paging. Had the virtual listview support been fixed sooner, this bug might not have been noticed, so I guess it's a good thing I kept putting virtual listview support off.

Um, yeah, in other news, this build also has better IE support too (no more need for compatibility view). The changelog tells all.

Yeah, another v0.380 WIP. No different from how there are multiple µTorrent v2.2 betas. It isn't labeled "stable" yet due to its having tons of experimental changes. You can always check the About dialog (F2 in WebUI) to see the build date of the one you're currently running.

And in true WIP fashion, I already discovered a few regressions with this build that came as a result of the MooTools upgrade (yet again... seems like very time I upgrade MooTools, there's a break somewhere). Specifically, multi-torrent support for the Properties dialog is broken, and the Files tab context menu doesn't work. Will be fixed in the next build, whenever I get that out.

Trick or treat!

Finally got around to implementing download path selection several weeks ago. It requires µTorrent 3.0, but the sub-path support is very limited due to a backend limitation. Specifically, sub-paths will not be used unless the sub-path already exists in the filesystem as a directory. Nearly useless indeed, but it wasn't my call. I'll bug the backend devs some more about it, but for the time being, enjoy :P (At least base path selection definitely works.)

Well it still isn't working.

If i define some paths in utorrent under the advanced--->WEBUI. I dont see them in the selection dialogbox when i add a torrent. (webUI also doesnt have this added in the preferences so i had to define them in utorrent itself).

I tried to do this manually in a plugin i wrote.

Adding the option to a dlurl : 'action=add-url&s='+Data+'&download_dir='+dir

I tried the var dir as the path in text

I tried the var dir as an index number (0,1,2)

Both crash utorrent 3.0 (i used the latest version)

Seems not properly tested with the devs.

Adding torrents anywhere, in any way, crashes the current 3.0. Not WebUI's fault.

I have no idea what you're talking about when you say that you can't see the directories.

jYMjr.png

Edit: Seems action=list-dirs is another request that requires µTorrent Web (Falcon) to be enabled. Not WebUI's fault either. I've bugged the devs enough about this, so the ball's on their court.

Sorry, I'm an idiot.

Archived