µTorrent WebUI

Ultima

Hi Ultima,

I installed 0.370 and utorrent 2.0.

A bug: "Show Category List" setting isn't remembered.

I uncheck it, close and restart WebUI, it's checked again :/

Also, WebUI 0.370 takes more than 3x longer to load than it took for 0.362 + uto 1.8.5, is that normal ?

All tests on IE8.

See you,

TSR

Edit: Setting column width works beautifuly now btw :D

Edit2: Yes, I pressed ESC to reset WebUI settings, but that doesn't solve "Show Category List" setting not remembered.

Edit3: in the end, I restored 0.362 and everything works ok (for my use) with uto 2.0. (and loads much much faster..)

I have no problems using IE8 here, but either way, IE8 is just plain slow when it comes to anything JavaScript/DOM. Any other browser is faster than IE8. Heck, even the forthcoming IE9 is supposed to be much faster. My suspicion is that the slowness comes from the column handling changes made to the listviews to make it more language independent and more flexible to add new columns (should the need arise). I'll see if I can do anything about it anyway, but don't keep your hopes up, because honestly, I'm not even doing anything that complicated or heavy when it comes to managing the columns on initial load (I just swap a few DOM nodes around, resize, and toggling visibility).

Question too... how many torrents do you have loaded? How many rows are you showing in the listview?

About those settings not being saved, I can confirm the bug. I'll look into it when I find the time.

A file for torrent software running out of bandwidth? Surely we can come up with some way around that. Quick, someone create protocols and software so that everyone downloading something can also upload it and thereby spread the bandwidth requirements around.

Non-sarcastic: Can someone torrent the latest WebUI?

Mirror...

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wzyhe22m4ye

Technically, the latest version is already hosted on utorrent.com, and µTorrent can already grab the file automatically if you delete webui.zip and try to access WebUI. But I don't know the exact location utorrent.com, and don't feel like figuring it out right now, so oh well.

I've read these posts and still cannot seem to resolve my problem.....

Running v2.0 now and have removed the old .zip file (.361) from the apps data/utorrent directory and replaced with "utorrent-webui.2010020718333315.zip", but it still opens saying it's 0.361 and has all the look and feel of that version.

While that still seems to work for the most part, it is not allowing me to add a new torrent from the WebUI.

I'm running Firefox 3.5.8 and uT 2.0

Have also tried hitting the ESC key to refresh the settings without success.

Is there something i need to do with the uT app that actually runs on the other machine (that I connect to on this one via the WebUI) to reflect the change to 2.0/0.370 ?

Can someone please help?

I always loved utorrent but since i'm dependent on its webui i miss alot of features. What annoys me most is that i still cannot choose a save location manually with this latest webui. Did i miss something or is there an alternative version anywhere up?

Edit: Ok. Sorry for the quick mourning.

http://trac.utorrent.com/trac/ticket/2

Then i have to wait and hope and being grateful for all the latest work :)

Hi,

I have uTorrent v2.0 and FF v3.6 (tried also with 3.5.8).

I have just upgraded from webui v0.362 to v0.37: renamed and replaced the webui.zip under utorrent appdata folder.

When I try to get the webui page I get a blank page, so ESC doesn't help.

Any idea?

I always loved utorrent but since i'm dependent on its webui i miss alot of features. What annoys me most is that i still cannot choose a save location manually with this latest webui. Did i miss something or is there an alternative version anywhere up?

Edit: Ok. Sorry for the quick mourning.

http://trac.utorrent.com/trac/ticket/2

Then i have to wait and hope and being grateful for all the latest work :)

The ability to pick a save path only exists in µTorrent 2.1. Look at the WebUI prefs in 2.1. The API exists, but it has not been implemented in the WebUI itself yet.

Older versions do not have the ability at all.

I have the correct webui version (d/l it from the link in the beginning of this thread) and it seem to be installed correctly:

My webui was configured to connect through ut's connection port. I changed it to work through a different port and it works! Is there any limitation or it's probably a bug?

The ability to pick a save path only exists in µTorrent 2.1. Look at the WebUI prefs in 2.1. The API exists, but it has not been implemented in the WebUI itself yet.

Older versions do not have the ability at all.

Thanks alot for pointing me to your alpha 2.1 but i suppose i am rather to unexperienced to distinguish between bugs and my own faults, so i don't think i'm really generous. I see you're working hard on its development and i appreciate that alot! Looking forward to it :)

Archived