µTorrent WebUI

Ultima

I think i need some guide for WebUI in general. Excuse me.

Host : Windows Home Server - µtorrent 2.0 with WebUI v0.370

Client : Windows XP Professional SP3

Router : FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7170

µtorrent is running as a service according to this guide.

Since i have nothing but trouble and i'm fed up of trial & error, now here are my dumb questions:

1 ) Where do i configure my µtorrent (like paths, port etc.). via the WebUI or in µtorrent itself?

2 ) I'm getting the red icon (see screenshot), although the port is forwarded correctly and µtorrent is added to the firewall exclusions.

redicon.jpg

3 ) After i've installed and uninstalled several µtorrent versions inc. falcon and switched back to 2.0 + v0.370, i cannot add torrents anymore which results in this error message: "invalid torrent file". This issue is new.

Edit: It does work if i save the torrent file in my Autoload folder on my HOST, but the WebUI doesn't display µtorrent's new torrent addition. Looks quite dead.

4 ) The issue which made me start to experiment with several versions:

I want to re-seed already downloaded data so i added them via µtorrent on my HOST since it isn't possible to manage it via the WebUI, but it failed. Could anyone guide me clearly through this process or provide any link?

Edit: Ok. I've added existing torrents for re-seed in µtorrent on my HOST. Now, when i access the WebUI, everything disappears on the other side. Do i have to stop the above mentioned µtorrent service i am running before adding torrents via the HOST?

Very much appreciated - Thanks in advance!

Hi Ultima

Just wanting to know if there are any plans for fixing the problem with the default delete options for the webui interface?

http://trac.utorrent.com/trac/ticket/61

This issue has been around for some time now and as far as I can see is about the only thing that doesn't work properly from webui.

Because of this problem it's the only reason I have to connect to my remote system to remove the torrents properly, otherwise I could do everything from webui no problem.

Looks like this fix requires an update to uTorrent itself though, can that be acheived?

Hi,

I just upgraded to 0.370 and Im having a minor issue (dunno if it's asked/discussed before).

At the bottom of my screen, I'm missing the part with the tabs (General, Files, Log,...). How can I get it back?

I also like sorting my torrents by the date I've added them, is there any change this will also possible in the webui?

I must say it looks very nice :) Keep up the good work! :D

They have access to Trac, so the tickets there are visible for them to see. I bug them to deal with some of the issues brought up there every now and then, but that's as well as I can do. Priorities can sometimes dictate that the developers deal with other more pressing matters in µTorrent.

In addition to my last post:

as to 2 ) I couldn't figure out what causes the red icon (see screenshot in last post), though the port is properly configured and it isn't shared with any other application. i didn't observe any issue coming with it. I think this is the wrong thread for it anyway, sorry.

as to 3 ) Solved, however...

as to 4 ) Appears to be solved. Here's my workaround to reseed data on a WHS with µtorrent service:

First i clear the browser cache due to WebUI (not sure if it's neccessary).

Then i connect to my WHS via 'remote desktop'.

I stop the µtorrent service and open µtorrent to add the torrents i want to reseed, link to the existing data blah blah... you know it anyway.

Then, the magic word; RESTART the WHS. If you do NOT so, everything will reset itself if you reopen the WebUI. That was my experience.

If you make any changes in µtorrent: stop the µtorrent service, make your changes and RESTART the WHS.

That's all and it appears to work :)

Ultima,

Thank you for your work on the API.

Do you know if there is a way to use the API to specifically select sections to download? I'm looking for a way to download only the sections containing the first parts of the files in a torrent so that I can run a checksum on the first part of each file to find out if I already have the file.

Thanks,

Trader Joe.

I think I found a bug;

If you go to "Add Torrent" and then choose "Torrent URL", and paste a download link there - this never works for me (used to work in previous versions, prior to 0.370).

I have to download the torrent to the local pc, and then choose "Add Torrent" -> "Torrent File" for it to work.

So I think the functionality of "Torrent URL" is broken.

Something's broken on your end, not WebUI's. Adding by URL works in all browsers I've tested (Opera, Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer). My best guess? Demonoid is behaving stupidly (yes, I saw your previous post, but haven't had time to respond). Try a torrent from here.

v0.370 (2010-03-16)

~ Change: Slightly more intelligent file priority menu item graying

* Fix: Category List and Detailed Info Pane visibility/sizing regressions

* Fix: Status column not re-localized on language change until page refresh

First post, as usual...

That first fix should prevent the Detailed Info Pane from being hidden for users upgrading to v0.370. Still no guarantees that old settings will work perfectly (column handling is slightly altered from old versions). Users upgrading from versions older than v0.370 should probably still press Esc to reset all settings to ensure that corrupt settings don't cause bad behavior. Or at the very least, right-click the column headers for the listviews and hit Reset.

Hi

Is the first time I install webui. I use utorrent 1.8.5 17414, and following the setup guide, I enable webUi from the utorrent app, access the well-known url and the gui appears. However I download the latest version WebUI v0.370 from this thread and setup it. The first question is if WebUI v0.370 is compatible with my utorrent 1.8.5 17414 and recommended it to use it ?

By the way it seems to work fine except the following message in the logger tab:

[17:36:14] Error attempting to assign string 'OV_TB_QUEUEDOWN' to element...

[17:36:14] Error attempting to assign string 'OV_TB_QUEUEUP' to element...

Also I view some orange circles in the All, Active and Inactive labels on the left panel. In the previous version (the one that was downloaded by my utorrent 1.8.5 17414) there are not such orange circles. What these circles means?

Thanks

Gang,

First off: Thanks for a great app.

Secondly: A conundrum: I can access the WebUI on my LAN from the box *running* uTorrent just fine. When I try to access that box (by LAN IP) from another box on my LAN, I am unable to connect. Apologies if this is remedial, but guidance much appreciated.

Cheers,

crunkdoily

Archived