µTorrent WebUI

Ultima

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if there was a way to trigger the streaming option via the web gui/remote access?

Basicallly I'm looking for a way to enable streaming from wih a media centre such as XBMC, but it would require the ability to create the url, an option I can only see within the utorrent application itself

Thanks for the help

@ Ultima

You previously helped with removing context menu items from webui by editing the webui.js file, Unfortunately I am unable to do it in latest version correctly.

I can remove the single ones ok but cant seem to remove the child menu items as I just get errors in main.js.

I want to remove just child menu items from the "Remove And" parent menu. The ones I want to remove are "Delete .torrent" and "Delete Data" but need to keep the "Delete .torrent + Data" in the child menu.

Help again would be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

@TheSPAWN: Remove "a.removeand" from webui.js I guess. And this really isn't a scalable arrangement; I can't keep coming to tell you how to remove this menu item every single time I make a change...

@LJ50, tmknight: The current versions of µTorrent 3.1.2 should have fixed the JSON encoding bug.

Hi Ultima, thanks for replying, I wont ask for future versions I just want to get it working in current.

All I want to do is remove the child entries..

"Delete Torrent"

"Delete Date"

From the "Remove And" parent menu but keep the parent menu entry and the remaining child..

"Delete .torrent + Data"

I tried the "a.removeand" but that seems to just remove the parent completely.

Hope you can help but understand if not. Thanks in advance either way.

• 3 weeks later...
If a torrent has more than one label on it the torrent will only show up under the first label in webui.

a torrent can have multiple labels??

Yes :)

Now that I've looked at the Windows GUI a little better, there are menu options to set the "primary" label. The primary is the one that the torrent will show up under in webui, though all labels will be part of the total count for the label.

Well it's not, because support resources are limited enough as it is, we don't have enough to dedicate to old versions.

Well maybe if the dev team stopped adding bloat to the once clean and fast ut they would have more time to fix the bugs.

I havent been able to use any version of v3, each time I do my overall upload speed drops dramatically.

First of all thanks for this great tools it's very useful for me. Recently I found a bit of problem on RSS Favorites, when I add RSS feed from China site it display nicely no problem but from feed add to favorite the title & filter become unreadable characters and auto download can't pick up any things from feed. Would you please look in t o this problem. But in uTorrent (v3.1.3.26837) program direct add favorite no problem.

Another problem is in the favorites list can' t save unchecked favorite. Every time close and reopen the RSS window the unchecked favorite still show in checked.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=573254#p573254

Known Issues

• RSS Downloader: Favorites can't be disabled (only removed)
  • RSS Downloader: Favorites don't have Unicode support
  • RSS Downloader: Favorites have crazy checkbox-toggling behavior

The ball is in the µTorrent devs' court.

Edit: Other relevant links on backend brokeness:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=561522#p561522

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=594152#p594152

Archived