µTorrent WebUI

Ultima

Can anyone help me setup webui in macintosh?

Also, after install ing webui, can I access from iPad?

If yes, how?

Kindly help as I am unable to find the appropriate links for this.

it is very easy with Transmission client as I don't need to install anything on either the mac or the iPad. It just works. I don't know why it's so complicated with utorrent webui.

I just want access over my local wifi.

Just fyi..

the java rightclick menu (that appears when you try to select the individual files in each torrent) do not work in Firefox nor in Chrome, only works on IE.

example, if you select ANY file and you want to change the priority..

it WONT WORK or do anything in firefox or chrome with latest java...

works only on IE.

4192232086.png

only work around for this is, click on each file individually ( on the priority list) to change it from high then to skip. but this is annoyingly slow and requires a lot of clicking.

Hi guy's I'm having a problem getting the WebUI v0.383 to accept torrent files. When I save the file to my desktop and then click the add file on the webui it loads into the box but when I click ok, nothing happens as in no torrent file loads.

I've used this a couple of years ago with no issues.

Currently I'm running this on a centos server, Utorrent 3 and webui 0.383

Any suggestions on this, could I be missing something simple here ?

Cheers guys

Edit: just forgot to mention that copy/paste the torrent url is not working for me either.

@Focus1: By µTorrent 3, do you mean µTorrent running under Wine, or µTorrent Server? If the former, then you're going to have to tell us what version of Wine you're running.

@tamalero: You can't possibly be using the latest version of WebUI if your listview and progress bars look as they do in the screenshot. WebUI hasn't looked that way in ages. Same for the bug you described -- it's already been fixed for well more than half a year now.

At any rate, your posts are rather ambiguous. You don't mention what specific version of WebUI you're running, or what version of µTorrent you're running. And "frontpage" isn't clear either -- it could mean the first post of this thread, or it could just as easily mean the utorrent.com homepage. As such, I can only surmise that you're running µTorrent Server downloaded from the utorrent.com homepage, which contains a version of WebUI that was forked from an extremely outdated revision of the WebUI codebase. If so, do read the first post of this thread.

Don't know, but either way, that's not really within the scope of this thread.

Edit: To be clear, a way to create torrents from within µTorrent WebUI itself has been requested before. How to get it done externally of µTorrent isn't something I'd know off the top of my head though, and is more a general question about the WebUI backend than it is about the WebUI frontend (this thread's purpose).

@Focus1: By µTorrent 3, do you mean µTorrent running under Wine, or µTorrent Server? If the former, then you're going to have to tell us what version of Wine you're running.

@tamalero: You can't possibly be using the latest version of WebUI if your listview and progress bars look as they do in the screenshot. WebUI hasn't looked that way in ages. Same for the bug you described -- it's already been fixed for well more than half a year now.

At any rate, your posts are rather ambiguous. You don't mention what specific version of WebUI you're running, or what version of µTorrent you're running. And "frontpage" isn't clear either -- it could mean the first post of this thread, or it could just as easily mean the utorrent.com homepage. As such, I can only surmise that you're running µTorrent Server downloaded from the utorrent.com homepage, which contains a version of WebUI that was forked from an extremely outdated revision of the WebUI codebase. If so, do read the first post of this thread.

Sorry to be confusing!

Seems my installation keep locking the webui.zip file, and redownloading the same older 370 version.

Had to turn everything off by starting in safe mode, then deleting the older zip file and then inserting the new gui version.. and bang!.. worked!.

It seems the favicon.ico has gone missing in the latest version of the webui. Any chance of getting a nice hi-res one for IE9's newtab page/taskbar pinning?

ALSO :o .. JUST had this thought as I was typing: Would Windows 7 taskbar integration be possible? I know media player-like controls, status notification overlays, jumplists and other neat tricks are all possible now! :D

If by "out of whack" you mean "completely wrong", then maybe you should upgrade µTorrent.

As for fonts being screwed up, I don't know what to tell you. It works fine for me on all browsers across multiple platforms. The lack of a screenshot doesn't help either -- it only leaves me making completely uneducated guesses at what you're observing.

• 2 weeks later...

Ultima, Is it possible to edit the WebUI to remove specific right click menu options like "Force Start" etc aswell as the utorrent icon link in bottom left corner which can be used to access settings?

I can do this with the shell but only on older versions of WebUI, I want this WebUI as it has teh RSS ability :)

i seem to get a weird bug

i use proxy for tracker connections but when I enable my proxy option in utorrent my speed of downloads drops down to half (maybe it gets it peer to peer connection from proxy even though I haven't selected this option in utorrent ), and when i check NONE for proxy option my download speed becomes normal,but i lose some tracker that i cant access without proxy.

what is the issue?

my webui version in 0.383

Hi all,

I'm a long time user of uTorrent 2.0.4 running via Wine on Lubuntu, and its always worked fantastic. I'd really like to get rid of Wine and switch over to uTorrent Server for Linux, so have the following setup now:

uTserver 3.0 - 25053

WebUI v0.383

Lubuntu 11.04

uTserver is working fine. I can upload and download just fine. The issue I have is around RSS. I have an RSS Feed using this URL:

http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.run?LimitFeeds=7+days+ago&_id=7d917e62e49a96639b7f0e43823e2da3&_render=rss

This shows up in WebUI just fine, and I can see the feed items as I would expect.

20110829-pj4skrnx9cw1inn9p16xua4xmd.jpg

So now I've defined a Favorite for one of the shows that is in that Feed. But it never starts the download of this show even though its never been downloaded (doing the same steps in the Windows version of 2.0.4 the download would start immediately):

20110829-bd7gs8frtmaq51dpipfyqi1hxa.jpg

Am I missing something or is this a bug? If I can't get this working, I guess I'll go back to the working version under wine, but would really prefer to stay with the newer setup.

[EDIT - UPDATE]

Ok, I think I figured this out, but need to see if someone else can confirm. If I create a new Favorite, the default for the Feed is set to (All). I leave it like that, it will not work. If I change it to a specific Feed (Yahoo Pipes in my screenshots above) then it starts working. I can then change it back to (All) and it will also continue to work. So basically, its almost like when you first create it, the Feed is unchecked (like how the check boxes work) even though it shows (All). You have to then modify it to select a feed, and then you can change it back to (All).

[EDIT - UPDATE 2]

I've now looked at the rss.dat and found the following...

When you create a Favorite and leave the Feed on the default of (All), in the rss.dat the specific area looks like this:

feedi0e6

When you then update the Favorite and modify it to use a specific Feed, it changes to this:

feedi1e6

When you then change it back to (All) it changes to this:

feedi-1e6

So there is a definite difference in the format and I suspect this is why my Favorites were not working when I had not changed the Feed from the default (All).

Archived