µTorrent WebUI

Ultima

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hello! How to fix problems with encoding in Russian. If you write the folder name in Russian, it is displayed in the hieroglyphics.

Indeed, if you create a subfolder that has a name in russian, you get utf8 unencoded name on the disk.

F:\Download\Тест

- that should be

F:\Download\Тест

• 2 weeks later...

I've been browsing through the forums and can't find a solution.

I have installed both 3.3 and 3.3.1 and attempted to use webui.

I am currently running 3.3.1 and can access webui from localhost:port/gui/ but not 127.0.0.1:port/gui/ or IP:port/gui/ as I used to on my previous setups.

I am running windows 8.

I have deleted webui.zip and allowed it to be recreated, i have replaced it with a downloaded version to no avail.

I have disabled my firewall

I have opened the port in my router / tried multiple ports.

I have tried default port / alternate port etc.

Any help / insight would be appreciated.

I've been browsing through the forums and can't find a solution.

I have installed both 3.3 and 3.3.1 and attempted to use webui.

I am currently running 3.3.1 and can access webui from localhost:port/gui/ but not 127.0.0.1:port/gui/ or IP:port/gui/ as I used to on my previous setups.

I am running windows 8.

I have deleted webui.zip and allowed it to be recreated, i have replaced it with a downloaded version to no avail.

I have disabled my firewall

I have opened the port in my router / tried multiple ports.

I have tried default port / alternate port etc.

Any help / insight would be appreciated.

Can you ping those computers on your network?

Have you tried windows name resolving instead? computername:port/gui

I don't have a problem connecting via ip, computername or locally.

A suggestion for this UI:

Can there be a way of setting queue number

and

A way like there is directly to use keyboard shortcuts and the arrow keys to move a torrent up and down the queue.

Even an option to place at top of queue when opening a new torrent would be nice than having to click many times the up arrow.

Can you ping those computers on your network?

Yes

Have you tried windows name resolving instead? computername:port/gui

Yes i have still no joy.

I don't have a problem connecting via ip, computername or locally.

Check that each computer is on the same workgroup, I have seen it before when computers have defaulted to the workgroup: workgroup rather than the one I have set.

Also check to make sure the subnet is the same on each computer.

Sometimes its hard to find out what is wrong and often something set or something changed on the router is at fault, in which case its best to reset everything to default settings and start over again. Factory reset on router, reinstall of utorrent, uninstall of firewall etc.

A suggestion for this UI:

Can there be a way of setting queue number

There already is.

Even an option to place at top of queue when opening a new torrent would be nice than having to click many times the up arrow.

There already is this as well.

Please could you tell me how?

I only have up and down arrows.

Would be nice to specify a specific queue number rather than to use arrows, or have keyboard shortcuts.

As for adding a new torrent, the webui doesn't give me an option to place top of queue.

Setting queue number:

Right click on the job select 'Move up' or 'Move down' from the context menu.

Set first or last in queue: Hold down the shift key while performing the above.

From the Add dialogue no, but just add the job then use the above method, it will of course waste an extra, what?? Maybe 5 or 7 seconds.

Setting queue number:

Right click on the job select 'Move up' or 'Move down' from the context menu.

Set first or last in queue: Hold down the shift key while performing the above.

From the Add dialogue no, but just add the job then use the above method, it will of course waste an extra, what?? Maybe 5 or 7 seconds.

Thank you!! :D :D

You're right about the add dialogue, but since the normal ui has it, it may be a feature request?

• 1 month later...

I've spent the last seven hours trying to find the solution to an RSS problem I'm having. In hindsight, it probably would have been better to ask for help sooner.

So, I'm trying to set up an RSS feed. I've added the feed OK, now I'm trying to set the filters to tell utorrent which shows from the feed to download. The problem is I can't find the RSS downloader. As I said, I've tried searching the forum for the answer, but because I don't know what the problem is I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

I run utserver, open Firefox and go to http://localhost:8080/gui/. I log in using username=admin, the password is blank. Once loaded, nowhere can I see an icon for RSS downloader. I've tried right-clicking, but just get the usual browser context menu options e.g. back, forward, reload. I think I read somewhere that CTRL+R opens the downloader. When I try all that happens is the browser reloads.

What I did spot during my search of the forums is that the layout/design of the server doesn't look like the screenshots I have seen. I'm not sure how to add images to the post, but my browser has a banner at the tops that looks like the banner at the top of this web page - it's the same colour, has the same logo.

Any suggestions? Could I be using an old version of the webui? How do I check which version I am using?

Here's my setup

uTorrent Server Product Version 3.0 - Source Revision 27079

Ubuntu 10.04

Firefox 7.0.1

Thanks in advance.

So, I'm trying to set up an RSS feed. I've added the feed OK, now I'm trying to set the filters to tell utorrent which shows from the feed to download. The problem is I can't find the RSS downloader. As I said, I've tried searching the forum for the answer, but because I don't know what the problem is I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

Here's the RSS Downloader icon:

13%202:02%20PM.jpg

This opens the window where you added the RSS Feeds. Now click on the Favorites tab:

13%202:07%20PM.jpg

Now setup your shows (or whatever) you are wanting to download from the feeds. You can also specify to only download from a certain feed, and such from here.

13%202:09%20PM.jpg

Hope that helps!

Thanks, mfrazzz. My version of the webui doesn't have that icon. In fact the icons don't look anything like that, which is why I think I'm using an older webui. I've taken a screenshot but don't know how to include it in this message.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Thanks, mfrazzz. My version of the webui doesn't have that icon. In fact the icons don't look anything like that, which is why I think I'm using an older webui. I've taken a screenshot but don't know how to include it in this message.

You need to go to the first post of this thread and download the file in the link there. You will then rename the file to webui.zip and move it to where your utorrent settings are at. On my install (I used the steps in http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=92278 in post #12 by superman710e, then replaced the utserver with the latest version), its located in /var/opt/utorrent/server/settings (could be different for you, depending on how you did the install). Also make sure you chown the webui.zip file to the user that runs utserver.

Good Luck!

Thanks, mfrazzz. I'm away for the next few days so won't have a chance to do what you suggested until next week. I'll post back then.

Out of interest, which file should I download from the link you included? Also, how do I use chown? I should have said that I'm a ubuntu noob!

Thanks

Archived