µTorrent WebUI

Ultima

i got this problem where the name, status, speed, seeds and so on, the underlying coullums overlap.

Ive taken a screenshot so you can see what i mean.

i´ve tried to resize but that does not work. I use the latest version of webui and version 3.3 build 29420 of utorrent.

XJDsPBo.jpg

My friend that allso uses utorrent and webui allso got this problem.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel dumb. I searched but couldn't find an answer. webui is not working for me.

system: windows 8 pro

utorrent version : 3.3 29625 32-bit

issue. when I put the webui.zip in %appdata%\uTorrent. then I go to 127.0.0.1:8080/gui I get an error stating "this webpage is not available" I have also tried this with my public and internal IP's as well with the same results.

just looking for a yellow brick road.

I feel dumb. I searched but couldn't find an answer. webui is not working for me.

system: windows 8 pro

utorrent version : 3.3 29625 32-bit

issue. when I put the webui.zip in %appdata%\uTorrent. then I go to 127.0.0.1:8080/gui I get an error stating "this webpage is not available" I have also tried this with my public and internal IP's as well with the same results.

just looking for a yellow brick road.

Have you tried http://localhost:8080/gui/ ? In Preferences -> WebUI under Connectivity -> Alternate Listening Port (default is the connection port): 8080

If you are using Firefox there is an addon called uTorrent Status 1.0. You can find it here in the uTorrent Forums:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=715140#p715140

And if you are using Firefox, you can find the addon here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/utorrent-status-tool/?src=search

Let me know if this helps. I use to have similar problems until I asked allot of questions and started using Firefox, so I know how you feel. Good Luck!

v0.388 (2013-05-28)

* Fix: Broken "Add New Torrent" dialog in IE

* Fix: Broken column width handling in Chrome

* Fix: Broken table scrolling in Opera

* Fix: Table scrolling breaks after column reset

Fixed some low-hanging fruits. It's been over a year, but that's all I've got right now (busy with Real Life™).

Anyway... First post, as usual!

v0.388 (2013-05-28)

* Fix: Broken "Add New Torrent" dialog in IE

* Fix: Broken column width handling in Chrome

* Fix: Broken table scrolling in Opera

* Fix: Table scrolling breaks after column reset

Fixed some low-hanging fruits. It's been over a year, but that's all I've got right now (busy with Real Life™).

Anyway... First post, as usual!

Thats ok and thx for the Fixes Ultima and btw what is real life ??? :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys, I'm used to utorrent on windows and haven't really used webui until now.

Have now setup utorrent server on linux (ubuntu), but cannot figure out at all how to access "rss downloader".

I can add the rss feed, but can't find how to access/configure rss downloader?

I note that rss downloader is featured since v0.380 WIP (2011-01-27).

any ideas?

cheers

Have now setup utorrent server on linux (ubuntu), but cannot figure out at all how to access "rss downloader".

I can add the rss feed, but can't find how to access/configure rss downloader?

Click on the orange RSS icon on the top menu bar (next to the settings gear icon). When the RSS Downloader window comes up you will be on the Feeds tab. Now on the top left of the RSS Downloader window click on Favorites, and you can define your search criteria there to automagically pull what if found in your RSS feeds.

Note since you are coming from Windows, this page can be a pain with utserver as you will click on things, and they will turn back off when you save them. What I found is when you are initially setting a new Favorite up, change the Feed to something other than (All). Now after you hit Apply, you may see some things change on the window (usually check boxes goes unchecked). Now go back and fix things how you want it and change the Feed back to (All) and then hit Apply and things will stick (sometimes ;).

Enjoy!

Yep, that RSS funkiness was documented on the release post:

As I've said, it's still incomplete, so you can expect a few bugs/limitations right now. The most annoying issue lies with filter modification. Because the backend is broken by extremely poor API design, various options won't be set properly when you change them. Those who care to know the technical details can see this thread. ... [Y]ou'll have to put up with it for now, but it'll magically fix itself if the backend is ever fixed ... . Anyway, a workaround right now I suppose would be to disable every checkbox option for filters, hitting Apply, then enabling every option you actually do want to use, and then Apply again.

Hi Ultima,

Yep, I knew this was documented, and in no way am I complaining :) ... More was just pointing it out since ameel said he was new to the Linux utserver, and this little "feature" can be annoying until you learn to work around / with it. BTW: as I indicated in my post, I found that by changing the Feed option when you change the check boxes and hit apply, it tends to be a little more consistent with what gets saved and what reverts back. If all you do is change check boxes, sometimes they stick and sometimes they don't. Just a little trick I've started using.

No worries, didn't take your post as a complaint. My primary reason for citing that old post was for the last part of it actually :)

Anyway, a workaround right now I suppose would be to disable every checkbox option for filters, hitting Apply, then enabling every option you actually do want to use, and then Apply again.

The behavior is perfectly consistent and predictable that way.

The rest of the quote was included for color, in case anyone cared to know why it's broken. Quite disappointed that nothing's changed on that front in nearly 3 years now, but I guess that's because there's no one constantly prodding the devs about the design flaw. I'm still not convinced this is something that should be fixed UI-side given that any changes backend-side (assuming the API design is otherwise left as-is) would again break any UI-side fix I do implement.

Archived