µTorrent WebUI

Ultima

No. WebUI uses basic HTTP authentication, which is in the browser's control. If your browser is asking you to login every time you restart, then that's a browser issue.

Thanks i removed it via following parts from this guide for others out there that might get into same issue like me.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I have a problem opening webui. I checked 'Enable Web UI', changed the password and left all other settings as is. I also downloadet the .zip,renamed it to webui.zip and placed it in %appdata%\uTorrent.

But when i open localhost:8080/gui in any browser i get 'Could not connect to remote server'.

Im on windows 8.1 64bit.

I tried google but it did not help.

What can i do ?

I have not read all the 45 pages, but I'm wondering if the Remote App setup is working on Linux?

I run 32bit ubuntu 12.04, utserver alpha 3.3 and webui.2013052820184444 (installed today)

In the remote section of the preferences, i only have a username field, no password field. Is there any way to set this up for my android phone?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, guys.

Please tell me where I can get webui.zip with a new interface that looks like uTorrent Remote? (also needed the same for BitTorrent)

kqt15r4exl5i.png

The current version for Windows contains a web interface that looks quite old.

I need it because it is convenient to work on all my devices, including ipad, iphone, and laptop.

Many thanks in advance. Sorry for my bad English.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, (i hope it's still current topic for webui questions)
I'm trying to configure Web UI with IIS 7.5 and URL Rewriting. After a googling for a while, reading this and some another topics i'm only more confused then before.
What i have done to this moment is base configuration with location for web.config and URL Rewrite configuration for utorrent.maydomain.com that points to http://ip_adress:8081/gui/index.html .

Effect of this is wierdly looking site - just like IIS didn't give access to images and .js

GJEMI2J.png

So, i'm stuck at this moment and don't really know what i could make wrong. I configured differently URL Rewrite to point to /gui/ or /gui/index.html , tried with disabled default document, tried sth with session configuration but nothing from this helped.

I also checked logs and it looks like brower isn't taking everything what should be loaded

GET / X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-ID=2329e5GET /main.css X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-IGET /stable.css X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOGGET /images/ut_small.png X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&GET /mootools.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOGET /utils.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-IGET /constants.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LGET /flotr.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-IGET /lang/_.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-GET /speedgraph.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-GET /logger.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-GET /stable.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-GET /webui.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-IGET /tabs.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-IDGET /dialogmanager.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-AGET /contextmenu.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARRGET /main.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-IDGET /images/snake.gif X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-AGET /images/ut.png X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-GET /images/mootools.png X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&GET /images/ut_small.png X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&GET / X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-ID=c52516GET /images/ut.png X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-GET /images/snake.gif X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-AGET /images/mootools.png X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&GET /stable.css X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOGGET /flotr.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-IGET /main.css X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-IGET /speedgraph.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-GET /lang/_.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-GET /stable.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-GET /images/ut_small.png X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&GET /tabs.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-IDGET /webui.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-IGET /contextmenu.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARRGET /dialogmanager.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-AGET /logger.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-GET /main.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-IDGET /mootools.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOGET /utils.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-IGET /constants.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LGET /images/ut_small.png X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&

For now, i'm out of ideas, any suggestions what i should check but i didn't?

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone able to get two instances of utorrent running with this webui? I can get the two instances of utorrent running, but I can only connect to one of them through the webui. Each instance has their own settings directory with their own webui.zip, and with different ports, etc. I can't seem to figure out why it wont connect to the other one. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, (i hope it's still current topic for webui questions)

I'm trying to configure Web UI with IIS 7.5 and URL Rewriting. After a googling for a while, reading this and some another topics i'm only more confused then before.

What i have done to this moment is base configuration with location for web.config and URL Rewrite configuration for utorrent.maydomain.com that points to http://ip_adress:8081/gui/index.html .

Effect of this is wierdly looking site - just like IIS didn't give access to images and .js

GJEMI2J.png

So, i'm stuck at this moment and don't really know what i could make wrong. I configured differently URL Rewrite to point to /gui/ or /gui/index.html , tried with disabled default document, tried sth with session configuration but nothing from this helped.

I also checked logs and it looks like brower isn't taking everything what should be loaded

GET / X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-ID=2329e5GET /main.css X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-IGET /stable.css X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOGGET /images/ut_small.png X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&GET /mootools.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOGET /utils.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-IGET /constants.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LGET /flotr.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-IGET /lang/_.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-GET /speedgraph.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-GET /logger.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-GET /stable.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-GET /webui.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-IGET /tabs.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-IDGET /dialogmanager.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-AGET /contextmenu.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARRGET /main.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-IDGET /images/snake.gif X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-AGET /images/ut.png X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-GET /images/mootools.png X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&GET /images/ut_small.png X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&GET / X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-ID=c52516GET /images/ut.png X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-GET /images/snake.gif X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-AGET /images/mootools.png X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&GET /stable.css X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOGGET /flotr.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-IGET /main.css X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-IGET /speedgraph.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-GET /lang/_.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-GET /stable.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-GET /images/ut_small.png X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&GET /tabs.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-IDGET /webui.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-IGET /contextmenu.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARRGET /dialogmanager.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-AGET /logger.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-GET /main.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-IDGET /mootools.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOGET /utils.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LOG-IGET /constants.js X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&X-ARR-LGET /images/ut_small.png X-ARR-CACHE-HIT=0&

For now, i'm out of ideas, any suggestions what i should check but i didn't?

With the following setup it works for me.

iBQncTX.png

utorrent does not like it when the /gui part is rewritten

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

after update a few months ago webUI started acting strange. 

Slow load, I need to refresh it a few times and then it is slow to respond.

I tried re-installing everything (even windows) but can get it to work nicely. 

Replaced webui.zip with newly downloaded one, even checked memory of the machine, everything is ok.

I tried over the new, WAN an LAN - no change, ever using 127.0.0.1:port/gui - same behavior...

Sometimes it semi loads, sometimes stick on refresh, after 4-5 retries it loads, but still very slow.

Any help with this, please...

Any chance of adding the ability to manually move downloaded data from one directory to another?

(Using the linux server version now, and don't know if it (or the win api) admits for renaming and relocating files, but that would be just awesome if possible.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi!
In advance, sorry for my sloppy English knowledge.
So Im using Ubuntu 14.04 lts with utserver alpha 3.3 with its own webui. downloaded from the offical site.

Client Information

Product Version 3.3
Source Revision 30470
Build Date 2014-01-14 09:10:15 -0800
UI Revision 30470
Peer ID UT330B
User-agent uTorrent/330B(30470)(server)

My problem is that i can't change the destination folder when i add a torrent manually. Ok i have a sub-path row, but that is not what i want.
I'm using rss sources for series, for these torrents the default download folder is perfect, but when i want to download for example a movie, i need another folder (on another drive).
I saw someshere a previous version ui where in the options (when add torrents dialog shows up) field there is a drop down menu where i can change the destination folder for the torrent.
like this. 
e872h5.jpg
What can i make to see that option? Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

@coldfire7: See the fix I recommended to Sarreq Teryx here -- except for step 2, you should visit http://192.168.10.100:9005/gui/?action=setsetting&s=btapps.skin_url&v= instead. Apparently, btapps.skin_url is a commonly-corrupted key...

Hi Ultima,

I'm getting an error to load page similar to Sarreq Teryx and others.  I don't want to post the output here as it has my key/pass to private trackers in it.  It just started recently.  Any way I can send the output to you directly to see what item may be corrupt?

Thanks,

Primus76

• 3 months later...

Hello,

after update a few months ago webUI started acting strange. 

Slow load, I need to refresh it a few times and then it is slow to respond.

I tried re-installing everything (even windows) but can get it to work nicely. 

Replaced webui.zip with newly downloaded one, even checked memory of the machine, everything is ok.

I tried over the new, WAN an LAN - no change, ever using 127.0.0.1:port/gui - same behavior...

Sometimes it semi loads, sometimes stick on refresh, after 4-5 retries it loads, but still very slow.

Any help with this, please...

Other than that this project has obviously been fairly abandoned, I found the same problem.  One thing I did notice is that this is an IE issue.  Using things like my iPad or Safari for the PC  (RIP) it works flawlessly and fast.

JR

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. Today I updated my Windows from Windows Update, don't know after that or not, but is missing the control panel by hand.

-----------------------------

Здравствуйте. Сегодня обновил Windows из Windows Update, не знаю после этого или нет, но пропала панель управления раздачами.

http://lostpic.net/?photo=2014399

• 3 months later...

Followed the guides here:

http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/69643-how-to-install-webui/

Downloaded the webui from the first page on this thread. uTorrent version 1.8.7. On Macbook Air El Capitan. I am getting:

"The µTorrent WebUI does not seem to be installed. Click here to try to install it, or see the guide for more details."

Tried disabling, reenabling, quitting/starting. Does not work.

Archived