RSS feeds disappeared

kb-pos

I did a search and looked in the FAQ but I didn't see anything about this.

I have been happily using RSS feeds for some time now to automatically grab torrents I was interested in. Suddenly, there are no feeds visible any more. I noticed this right after I finally got my port forwarded (my DSL provider had to do it remotely...that's how they have it set up). I don't know if the port forwarding had anything to do with the RSS feeds disappearing but it happened close in time. I tried changing to a non-opened port but the feeds still remained gone. The feeds are enabled.

Thanks

Ctrl-R brings up the favorites. Nothing looks amiss there. F7 makes the pane on the left appear/disappear. In the Feeds window there is simply nothing. Previously there was a whole bunch of RSS icons with torrent names. Now, empty window. Weird.

i'm also having this problem, my feeds are all in the list, but they have no content to download in them

Has anyone found out of this yet?

/c

[Edit]:

I see now that the website i have gotten my feeds from (tvrss.net) is down, so i guess this might have something to do with it

I have lost my RSS feeds a couple days ago. Nothing has changed on my machine... hasn't even been restarted. The feeds from two different sources just stopped being updated within the client. Torrent downloads and uploads are not affected. My specs are below.

Vista 32

uTorrent 1.8.2 build 14458

No virus software

No firewall

DLink DIR-655 router

I'm having a similar problem ...

Been using uTorrent happy in Windows 7 RC1 for a while.

This week, all the RSS feed icons turned red when updating. Did some search and it suggested that the feeds might not be available. Sure enough, i couldnt visit the website.

Next day, the feeds all appeared OK, but I cant see the list of releases in the main window. It always shows on the right - the default torrent list on the top and the information (general, peers, files etc) on thebottom. This is regardless of whether I click on All Feeds or individual ones.

Favourites and History still show correctly.

This happened shortly after I updated to the latest beta. I tried downgrading to the stable but same results. I renamed the directory under my User Profile (perhaps a corrupt file?) but the view still wouldn't change.

So the count is now two builds 1.8.2 14458 and 1.8.3 build 15520. It wont show with my previous files (rss.dat, settings.dat), nor with replacing .DAT with .OLD, nor with freshly generated ones.

Are there other settings hidden away somewhere? Any ideas?

I FINALLY set up auto downloading utorrent using RSS feeds the other day. I had done it previously a LONG time ago in Azureus.

Then EZTV's main feed goes down. Fine, use a couple of their alternate ones (which isn't the same, but has a few of my shows).

Initially, it worked, it downloaded two shows... but that was it. As far as I can tell, everything is THERE. In the RSS Feeds panel, I have three feeds, each one giving me different info. EZTV's main feed now only shows the two I downloaded before it died, but the other two give me an assortment of shows, and it even updated to include the shows added up to today. In RSS downloader, all my filters are there. Even the fields I put filters, and check boxes here and there haven't changed.

But it just won't download anything. clicking on the ? button to see any matches fails everytime. even for the two shows I managed to get.

If I add any of the shows from the feeds, the only way they match is if they are named a certain way.

For example, the show "In Plain Sight"... when added, I can only find a match if I leave the filter with the exact terms it added, which was in this case, "In Plain Sight One Night Stan eztv."It will fail if I change it to just "In Plain Sight." And as you know, it's kinda hard to automatically get future episodes if the filter is set to specific episodes.

I'm having similar problems. I've been using the EZTV RSS feed to automatically download content I'm interested in for over two years now, but suddenly none of the filters are generating downloads. They are all checked and haven't changed since the problem began, somewhere near the end of May when an automatic update changed my version of µTorrent to version 1.8.2 build 14458. In fact, the question mark in the filter window shows no dates of matches after May 29.

I'm using the Windows firewall and have double-checked that "Add Windows Firewall exception" is checked in the preferences. I've looked at the feed pane, but nothing appears there.

All manually started downloads function well, so in my case the only problem is the automatic download functionality, but this is still a problem. I hope someone finds a fix!

I believe that I probably mis-described the problem. The feeds were still there but there were not torrents in the feeds. It has been noted above that tvrss.net is down (it's still down). I suspect that is why my feeds suddenly showed no torrents. Mystery solved....I think.

Archived