Moved files, now my downloads have reset to 0%

jameslee03

I had to change the letter on my drive from J: to E: and so uTorrent could no longer find the directory where all of my downloaded files where. I was downloading a file split into about 100 .rar files, so I right clicked on the first one and changed the directory to where my files where. I hit resume, the first file was completed, but the other 99 or so were reset to 0%.

I'd almost finished downloading 7 gigs worth of data, and now it's back to 0. I know the data is still actually in the rar files, because I can right click and extract a lot of the finished data.

Is there any way for utorrent to recognize all of the data I've already downloaded?

Thank you

James

Thanks for your reply hermanm

Unfortunately, after resuming the file, I can't relocate the rest of the files. It seems as though since resuming it's somehow 'overwritten' all of the files with new, blank ones.

I'm I making sense here? Thanks for helping out, I have little technical knowledge when it comes to uTorrent :P

The correct procedure should be:

1) stop (not pause) that torrent

2) move the files

3) rightclick the torrent -> Advanced -> Set download location (point to the correct files/folder)

4) start the torrent

Now the files are checked and should climb up to their original percentage or to 100% if the torrent was finished before.

Did you use Relocate individually from the Files tab originally, or did you use the top-level set download location like hermanm suggested?

In the current 1.8.3 there's apparently a bug, so just to be sure whenever you repath, Right click > Force Recheck before starting. If you have preallocate on, it may explain why things suddenly zero'd out.

I used relocate from the files tab, but only for the first file. Afterwards, the rest of the files reset back to 0.%

Just tried to stop the torrent and use 'set download location' but it was already set to the right path. Just did a force re-check and it's stuck at 'Checked 0.0%" and isn't moving.

james, you don't want to relocate just one file if you need to move many. You want to right-click on the torrent (top part of screen) and select advanced, set download location. Then browse to the folder where all the torrent files are at.

Archived