adding files to an existing torrent...

spotswood

Torrents are created telling you the path information such as \folder1\music\fil1.mp3 \folder1\app\utorrent.exe all in the INFO dictionary, making it one complete torrent.

You can have the same files and add \folder1\games\plantsvszombies.exe and when people download it and start it, ut should SEE the files already @ \folder1 and only download the new game.

You can learn more about torrents and relating to uT from http://utorrent.com/documentation/ and directly relating to uTorrent features from F1 in the client. It'll open/download the manual.

I'll check out the documentation later this afternoon after work. Just so I can get a visual of what you are talking about: e.x., in my downloads folder I have a "folder" containing a particular seed named "looney tunes season 1". Later after seeding for sometime, I realized I forgot to add a particular episode. So in that folder that's already seeding, I make a new torrent, drag the files already part of the original torrent, and add them to a "new" e.x. "Looney tunes season 1" folder with the added episode I forgot originally? I'm so detailed orientated it makes me sick, and I'm sure others as well.

If I'm somewhat on the right track then please give me a doggy treat. :P

Archived