µTorrent Adder

Ultima

I get the same error... (Error 2, Extended 0)... with the following text... An error occurred while trying to connect to webui

I have double checked my login details and they seem correct. If I enter them directly into a browser then I can connect to webui. I tried turning off firewall and all virus protection with no change. Using Fiddler I can see the communication to webui if I login from a browser. However from uTorrent Adder there doesn't seem to be an attempt to communicate at all.

I'm probably doing something stupid :( Any help in getting this working would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'd say it's equally likely I'm doing something stupid in my code :) What version of µTorrent Adder are you guys using?

@kiwijunglist: Are you actually using v0.3.0.0? Or is that just the directory you extracted into? Note that v0.3.0.1 was posted in 2013-11-24 with some tweaks to send failures. Also, errors and line numbers from the more recent versions might be more helpful in pin-pointing the problem.

• 1 month later...

That is what I'm talking about, it does not communicate "randomly" with the webui sometimes, it simply just stops working, i think its related to the webui it self and goes going into a sleep/locked state and not accepting any connections also "randomly", tho adding manual works fine.

From a user ONLY using uTorrent Adder and webui to add torrents with 24/7, it can happen anytime from 0 to 5 times a day, and rebooting the entire server or the utorrent adder tool does not work, you simply have to wait everything from 5 minutes to hours before it starts accepting files again, sometimes spamming the command line to send files helps.

It's like that something  is sleeping and it gets a poke and say "mmm" next time i send the file it wakes up and accepts it(sometimes)

I don't know how else i can explain it, i would not be here saying it, if i was just trolling, like i said it has been tested on several other servers in different homes, same story.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi!  I couldn't find anywhere else to report bugs, so I'm doing it here.

• Registering as a magnet handler didn't work till I tried running the program as Administrator.
  • The Password field has a length limit that the WebUI itself doesn't have; I had to manually edit the .ini file to make it take my long password.

My apologies if this has been asked or if I'm overlooking an obvious setting, but is there any way to control where the download saves to? Right now, I can't seem to get the download to go anywhere but the default "Put new downloads in:" directory.

Archived