Some help please !!

Fady_alshaar

Hello everyone .

I have a small problem in fact, hoping someone helps me to solve it.

I have used u torrent for a long time before, but specifically for downloading files, I've never used it for uploading files.

I have some files to be sent to my friends, the problem I don't know exactly where to start, and by the way I would make FTP server here in my network and share these files, if I had a public IP address, but the problem I'm in some African country, and they don't issue a public static IP for the internet connections they give.

I'm really looking forward hearing an answer from someone can help me to send these files.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Thanks.

But the main question here is, can I share these file using utorrent, without the need of a static real IP address, I'm behind a firewall, the stupid firewall in the hand of the stupid ISP, I have no control at all on it.

So is it possible ?????

thanks again

Of course you can download or upload with bittorrent without having a static IP. I have a dynamical one and I have no issues to use uTorrent.

About embedded tracker:

bt.enable_tracker: Enabling this option enables the rudimentary tracker embedded in µTorrent. If you wish to use this tracker, the URL is located at http://IP:port/announce, where IP is your WAN IP address, and port is the port µTorrent is listening on (or the alternative listening port if set and enabled). If you use a dynamic DNS service, your domain may be used instead of your IP address. The embedded tracker allows tracking of external .torrent files, and provides no way to limit them. There is no interface for viewing the .torrent files that are tracked. It is imperative that µTorrent is able to listen for incoming connections for this feature to work properly, so you have to make sure you have completely forwarded your ports in order to use the embedded tracker.

But if you don't want to use embedded tracker function, you can use the solution I provided previously.

Thanks.

But there is something here needs to be demystified, you have a Dynamic Real public IP address I guess, and if this was my case, I wouldn't bother myself using the torrent sharing, however, I'm behind a NAT, by the meaning of NAT, I mean, when I connect my CDMA modem to the ISP, I will get a stupid private IP address, and then, we have one public IP address on the other side of the NAT server.

just to make it clear .

And really thanks a lot, for replying me after, because you were the only one who did.

Thanks really

yes I know it's so hard.

and by the way, I'm MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, CWNA, Asterisk, certified, and I came to this country to give some courses in the university, now I want to share the video of my education with some friends of mine.

The problem I couldn't get a real public IP address from the ISP, if I could, I would simply make an FTP server, and distribute them.

this is my problem ..

Uploader sites like that always have the possibility of going down/time out/etc. Like moogly said you can use the public announce URL in your torrents and use the direct host as a backup, or the torrent file as a backup, whatever you want...

As you've already understood, it may be difficult to get the first few peers though if they're not forwarded, as your current main distribution point is firewalled.

Bittorrent is great because it works both ways. You can initiate connections to others the same way others initiate to you. I think this will help explain why not all hope is lost. It's old, but still relevant: http://bt.degreez.net/firewalled.html

The reason why TheShad0w recommends opening your ports is so others can make bidirectional communication with you.

thank .

In fact this is exactly what I'm talking about, to be behind a firewall doesn't mean that you can't send files, or upload, the idea that you can start the connection from your side, to other side not firewalled, or firewalled, with exceptions in the firewall for specific ports.

now the question, how to start the connection with the other's computer using utorrent, this is the dilemma

Archived