Settings for ISPs who throttle traffic

deeppal

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I saw that too. Probably a curious person. :P Meanwhile you Hofshi is stealing all my bandwidth, leaving Pocky888 and the other unknown person with < 1 kB/s... :lol: Not really your fault though, as I have a crappy upload anyways (11 kB/s max). Let's keep it running for a while and see what comes out of this. :)

Edit: Ah, Ares is the unknown person. Busted! :P

With the same torrent when i started downloading:

Downloaded:3.24MB

Wasted:176KB (0 hashfails) - pretty much for 3.24MB

I'd like to know your downloaded and wasted stats, maybe it's my ISP or smth...

EDIT: 50000 is my port, but i dont think i'll be downloading that torrent, maybe i'll do some tests from time to time

I just tried it too. (I felt left out...:)) Enabled (all traffic) and (handshake only) isnt working. Both the Forced options work. And yea, u gotta stop the torrent and re-start it for changes to take effect. Now I didnt let it run a while b4 reporting this. But the forced options take effect as soon as u restart the torrent.

EDIT 1: Enabled (all traffic) is working for me now. But only on one peer.

EDIT 2: Now I dont know if the 1 peer switched ports or its a new peer, but its still working. (different port number now) and the peer is using Azureus

jroc ... that is me. Was trying if Azureus's CVS version is compatible on my Linux box. Currently the Windows box is out of service, and so I guess my only option is to try Azureus, strangely enough in Azureus it does point out the uTorrent clients are using a RC4-160 encryption, even though the version of Azureus CVS is really not compatible yet ... it's still MSE (Message Stream Encryption) rather then the standardized PE. I changed ports so as to not use the unthrottled port 1720, but rather to use the throttled original default 6881

Edit/ Update: Okay I was using the CVS beta version 2.3.0.7 - B37, I changed to 2.3.0.7 - B38 ... and this version seems to be uploading alot more to the encrypted uTorrent clients then the previous version. They may have added this feature or may just have tweaked it, I don't know yet. I noticed one thing about the Azureus version, it seems to make a request to the tracker way to often ... only to get the peers and then prune those that don't support encryption, then repeat cycle. Waste of bandwidth if you ask me. Also you guys on uTorrent are damn slow peers, once in a while the speeds jump to a high then it begins to drop again. I don't think it's on my side, as with a throttled connection I wouldn't even see jumps in speed.

Preview

n2d3wp.png

I believe MSE is what Parg and Nolar had in mind for there design of PE. But then I believe they conceded and went along with Luddes proposal. So they implemented MSE first, then I beleive now they are reworking it to become PE. To the mods, admins ... please correct me if I've made a mistake in my interpratation of the events in question.

I restarted µtorrent while still set to Enabled (handshake only) and I had no E's in the flags column. After a few minutes I switched to Enabled (All traffic) and immediately I saw Pocky888 switch to HXE , so Somthing is working :)

However, the other 3 µtorrent clients stayed without an E.

so,

1. it works when the local connection is using force encryption, and the other side (not the initiator of the connection) is set to Enabled (all traffic).

2. it doesn't work when the local connection is using force encryption, and the other side (not the initiator of the connection) is set to Enabled (only handshake)

Edit: this was without stopping and restarting the torrent.

Archived