Conservative Settings Chart (Alternate Speed Guide for uTorrent)

Switeck

Hi.

When I upgraded uT to 1.8.1, I watched if I could adjust better my connection (mx upload) in speed guide.

Anyway I saw the list is always the same one. Is there a chance to see more "upload levels" in speed guide (as in the top-post of that topic) to "fit" at the best the user connection ?

@Switeck

It's Ok about upload speeds.

My question was just about implementing the new upload speeds (in red in the top-post), because this thread is excellent.

In fact there are several types of connection now: dial-up, DSL (adsl, re-adsl, adsl2+), cable, sat, wimax, fiber etc... with a large spectrum of upload speed.

As maybe only 5 or 10% of uT users watch this thread to set uT, maybe it was more user friendly to complete the Speed Guide in uT and allow to adjust it with a good upload speed.

I think it would be very useful for users who dont know if they need to select the high limit or do an average. :)

I don't make uTorrent, so implementing the "missing" (red) upload settings into uTorrent's Speed Guide...cannot be done by me.

It's easy to forget that probably less than 1% of all uTorrent users EVER visit these forums at all. Of those, probably less than 25% has ever looked at this thread.

...But probably >5% have found YouTube "speedup tricks for uTorrent". :mad:

Spread the word: better settings = better download AND upload speeds!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Switeck I have a question about the Speed Guide in uT and yours.

Take an example:

║ 768 kbit/sec ║ 72│ 5║ 50│ 150║ 5│ 4║

Anyway if I choose this UL level in uT Speed Guide, I read in Settings > Bandw.

72│ 5║ 100│ 450║

Why is there a difference ?

My guide is intentionally conservative on max connections because many routers, wireless connections, USB networking cards, and USB modems simply cannot handle nearly as many connections as allowed by uTorrent's standard Speed Guide (CTRL+G). ...That and bad software firewalls.

The max number of connections per torrent is to reflect more closely the max amount of connections you can likely sustain simply because you can't upload to them all before their inactivity counter runs out...and they disconnect automatically.

For seeding-only torrents, connection max can be reduced far further...even 10 connections is more than enough if you only allow 3-6 upload slots at a time.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys can u pls sugges me wat r the best settings for me

Im connecting my laptop to internet using Nokia N73 USB Modem and am getting a speed of 921 kbps.

I have Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3 installed.

Please advise wats the best settings i need to keep in preferences tab :-

Connection =

Bandwidth =

Best Port to be set =

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering what my download speed should be if i have an upload speed of 132kbps and Download of 694kbps? What SHOULD i be getting as my best download speed? I usually average around 70-80kbps. Just wondering what others get that have the same connection speed as me. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived