Conservative Settings Chart (Alternate Speed Guide for uTorrent)

Switeck

Just spent two hours trying every different combination of settings mentioned on this forum because utorrent was no longer maximizing my upload speed. Absolutely nothing helped whatsoever, and I'm not just incompetent. Then I reinstall 1.8.5 and the problem is instantly fixed. Amazing that they managed to screw up such a simple program. Thanks for wasting my time with this buggy software.

Spyde, if your networking software and/or hardware cannot handle UDP packets very well, uTorrent v2.0 and up *WILL NOT RUN WELL* on your computer!

But I don't see how that's in-and-of-itself uTorrent's fault.

The UDP using stuff (DHT, Resolve IPs, Teredo/IPv6, and uTP) can all be disabled.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That router is *INCAPABLE* of 300 megabit/sec via Wireless-N (WiFi) for your computer, period. You will be extremely lucky to reach 100 megabit/sec via Wireless-N (WiFi).

Your internet speed tests show much lower numbers than your router is capable of, not even reaching 7 megabit/sec down or 3 megabit/sec up.

Use the 2.5 megabit/sec upload settings from my chart.

Sorry for invading this thread like this...but im having serious problems with my utorrent connection...

2 days back i changed my connection from 24mb download speed to 50mb optic fiber connection. I am supposed to reach like at least 300 k´s upload speeds and i cant go past 100 k´s...at the best, also the download speeds are way slower than expected(i dont go further than 200k´s\sec) so something must be wrong with my preferences, since i already port forward my connection, gave permission on the firewall to let utorrent "pass"...

Can someone please give me a set of values i should use on the connection and bandwidth menus on preferences?

Hope i could make myself understandable..sorry for my poor english but im portuguese and i try my best!!

Thanks in advance!! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was trying to maximize my speeds and stumbled upon this post. Usually I always get 50kB/s dl speeds.

I tried two different settings:

(1) UL limit - 20kB/s, UL slots - 3, Global connections - 60, Connections/peer - 40

(2) UL limit - 7kB/s, UL slots - 3, Global connections - 20, Connections/peer - 15

Both settings rendered the same speeds. Is my ISP throttling too hard?

• 2 weeks later...

Possibly neither!

Those speeds are likely your burst speeds only, not the sustained speeds.

That service a EuroDOCSIS 3.0 cable ISP?

Try 1mbit/sec upload settings first...increase it up to 3 mbit/sec (what the speed test said) only if it can sustain the upload speed at what you set it to for an hour straight.

Do note that during peak evening hours it'll probably be (much?) slower.

Archived