Conservative Settings Chart (Alternate Speed Guide for uTorrent)

Switeck

Sorry for the double post really sorry.

Is the Conservative Settings Chart that I followed the only settings I need to use to set up utorrent or do I need to do more?

have downloaded 2.0.4 and unchecked the letting utorrent through my firewall and I downloaded 2 torrents.

They downloaded pretty fast and I set up my bandwidth and queueing to the 900 kbit/sec in your chart.

Also after they finished downloading the 2 torrents went in the inactive category and it also says they are seeding.

Sometimes one torrent goes to the active category to upload but just for a little while.

I want to know if this is normal and if its uploading because I want to upload and not just be a leech.

Thank you.

I got 4 torrens seeding and going in active mode randomly then uploading sometimes randomly and like on two torrents in the tracker list it says

[DHT] status not allowed, update is is blank, seeds 0, peers 0, download 0

[local peer discovery] same as what [DHT] says

[peer exchange] same as what [DHT] says

then it has the website of the torrent and it says status working, update is 28m 17s, seeds 136, peers 11, download 10666

The other 2 torrents are different because in each category like [DHT], [local peer discovery], and [peer exchange] working unlike the other two.

So yeah dont see anything that says tracker error on the Trackers category.

Thank you for the help.

Hey all...

New to the forums, old to using uTorrent.

Lately I had some real issues regarding my uploading speed. Honestly, I don't care about my downloading speed, for as long as I have good speeds uploading. On several trackers I am an uploader, so it's important for me to have good uploading speed.

So, I tested my speed, on two locations:

First, with a server far away, in Australia. Here's the speed:

SpeedTest.png

Than with a second server, from my home country, Romania.

SpeedTest-Home.png

So... a few days ago, my internet provider changed IPs to all subscribers, and before that I used uTorrent 1.8.2 ( build 14458. Since I got a new IP, that specific uTorrent wasn't the same. So, I switched to a new torrent version, 2.0.4.

How can I set my uTorrent so that I have good uploading speeds?

Ty Witt, test with servers in Western Europe...like in Germany, France, and England.

My guess is you only get very high speeds with ips in Romania...but uTorrent needs to know your rest-of-the-internet speeds or your international connection will probably always be overloaded.

Ty Witt, test with servers in Western Europe...like in Germany, France, and England.

My guess is you only get very high speeds with ips in Romania...but uTorrent needs to know your rest-of-the-internet speeds or your international connection will probably always be overloaded.

Tested it with several servers in Europe:

1000556167.png

1000576363.png

1000577678.png

1000579584.png

1000580838.png

And to show you more on how "great" my uploading speed is:

Check out the Apocalypse Now torrent, 144 leechers and I only upload with 75kB/s??? At 144 I used to upload with 300-400 kB/s before my ISP reset all IP and who know what happened ever since!

speedt.th.jpg

And even on the 4 torrent shown here.3 peers and my speed is almost 3 kB/s???

So, anyone can help?

use the recommended settings in uTprrent setup guide (ctrl-G) and the tips in my sig (setyour upload limit @ 95% of you max upload)

Tried some of the things you showed there. Nothing new...so far! That is why I need help.

and pref-> bandwidth settings ? network overhead graph ?

You have 25% upload overhead... ! :P Something is messing your UDP/uTP outgoing traffic. Firewall ? ... what is your bt.transp_disposition value ?

As I said - you should try with TCP instead. Or even try w/o your router.

and pref-> bandwidth settings ? network overhead graph ?

You have 25% upload overhead... ! :P Something is messing your UDP/uTP outgoing traffic. Firewall ? ... what is your bt.transp_disposition value ?

As I said - you should try with TCP instead. Or even try w/o your router.

Rafi... I only began to have these problems since 2-3 days ago.

Before that, all settings in Advanced or the default! Firewall? Nada.. My antivirus is set to allow uTorrent to move as free as uTorrent chooses. Router? No router...

My bt.transp_disposition value is 31, as default.

The things I changed, as instructed by others are:

bt.tcp_rate_control to false

net.max_halopen set to 50

net.utp_dynamic_packet_size set to false

net.utp_initial_packet_size set to 8

peer.lazy_bitfield set to false

and that is all.

Network overhead graphics:

speed2z.th.jpg

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Those are just crazy settings. 375 slots per torrent ?... I'll repeat myself one last time:
use the recommended settings in uTorrent setup guide (ctrl-G) & my tips

and good luck...

These are the CTRL+G settings given to me:

speed3.th.jpg

My problem with these settings is:

I DO NOT WANT TO LIMIT MY UPLOAD SPEED!!!!!!!

As given in these settings. I need my UPLOAD speed. I am an uploader on different trackers. If I limit my upload speed, I might as well stop using uTorrent and start drinking!

I gotta have all of my torrents active. Not just 4 as given in these settings.

Now, what are those tips? I mean which ones to use to increase my upload speed? I couldn't care less about downloading speed, it can be at 50kB/s, don't care. All I need is big uploading speed!

The thing is, by using YOUR settings, you're decimating your upload speed down to the point that it's completely useless.

Enable the alternate upload rate while not downloading and set it at unlimited (0) and let uTorrent manage your upload speeds among the torrents automatically.

Like this?

speed3a.th.jpg

On default, the upload limit was 2200 kB/s, where I checked the box.

I have a problem with getting seeds to connect. I can upload 2,8 mb per second, but I never get anywhere near it.As you can see on the pictures. I read through the guides and I think i've tried everything but it didn't help so I installed the beta with a settings reset and used the speedguide automized speed settings and never changed anything afterwards.

The problem really is that I connect to peers and then they're not doing a download, then the peer is gone again. This is for torrents from private trackers and keeping my ratio up would be really nice. So it would be awesome if someone could help me.

utorrenty.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Archived