Conservative Settings Chart (Alternate Speed Guide for uTorrent)

Switeck

Hay

I cant fix my utorrent. Its why I have to ask for port forwarding on my DSl DLink 2640B

where I dont understand nothing: I insert there in port forwarding add/custom server: utorrent/

external port start 50000andext port end 60000??? .....is this ok? I am totaly unprofessional?!?

the same story in port triggerin.......but what do I to put in Utorrent/prefernces/connections/

port using for incomming connections::50000 or RANDOM Port.....I understand noting

My utorrent is so down and green line is not to be seen. With test i reach 471,85Kb

and it says ports open ok......also in pref/bandwidth I set 40/4/40/100/3/2 like found

reading your postings....but nothing changes!?

Escuses my english Paola

• 3 weeks later...

Again me! :-) Some more thoughts for simple users like myself: Use Switeck's conservative chart and all the other helpful material you can find here on the forum! Find your maximum upload limit in the chart, use the numbers for the corresponding settings! Want to use higher settings? NEVER expect it will work at the maximum then! Why? A lot of connections = a lot of communication = a lot of bandwith wasted! Keep your number of peers connected and number of active torrents as lower as possible! Not enough to you? You may experiment, increase them, but just a LITTLE! Remember that your "friend" uploader can be far-far away, thus don't expect the speed to be some exact value, it is adjusted to the network and becomes some sort of a dynamic "thing"! If you will push it to the maximum, it can "broke" ;-)

Find your optimal settings, be happy using uTorrent and thankful for the great work these men have done!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Just made a new account to say thanks. I was getting frustrated with my download speeds (averaging about 6.4kb/s over the last 36 hours while trying to download Lost lol) and so I found this forum.

I tried a number of things suggested here, one at a time, including the bandwidth and bittorrent settings suggested on page 1. What really helped, though, was enabling outgoing encryption.

I'm downloading moreso at about ~33kb/sec now which is much more satisfactory :)

Thanks a million!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have read through the forum in much detail and still cannot seem to increase my speed from averaging 1000kbs. This is my connection speeds

Modem Status

Connected

DownStream Connection Speed

9213 kbps

UpStream Connection Speed

921 kbps

VPi

VCI

near enough verified with speedtest.net it seems strange that it doesnt seem to go much further than 1000kbs. I have tried the utorrent suggested settings and also the speed chart which is in a different thread of this forum. According to the glassnote tests my isp isnt throttling either, if anyone has any suggestions or can help, this would be much appreciated. This is the first time I have posted in a forum too so be gentle :P .

I have read through the forum in much detail and still cannot seem to increase my speed from averaging 1000kbs. This is my connection speeds

Modem Status

Connected

DownStream Connection Speed

9213 kbps

UpStream Connection Speed

921 kbps

VPi

VCI

near enough verified with speedtest.net it seems strange that it doesnt seem to go much further than 1000kbs. I have tried the utorrent suggested settings and also the speed chart which is in a different thread of this forum. According to the glassnote tests my isp isnt throttling either, if anyone has any suggestions or can help, this would be much appreciated. This is the first time I have posted in a forum too so be gentle :P .

Dear All,

I have the same problem as mentioned previously.

I have a 25Mbit internet connection and everything went fine (I mean, the down/uploading), but after a update of UTorrent I cannot download faster than 1000kbyte/s.

In the bottom area of the software (where I can limit the up/download speed) I can see only 1000kbyte as a maximum for download.... so it seems that the client thinks that it not be able to download faster.

I've already tried to change the settings of the connections, but nothing has changed.

Is there any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Archived