Conservative Settings Chart (Alternate Speed Guide for uTorrent)

Switeck

yes, I did try your first two links.

Just incase I was unclear my max download speeds have been ~120 kB/s & my max uploads have been ~20-30 kB/s though that GREATLY slows the DL so I have to cap that ~6-8 kB/s (wish I could do more without such a loss)

I took 4 speed tests and averaged the upload speed which is 330 kb/s, my download speed average is 1428. Using your chart I set my maximum upload rating to 29, alternate upload unchecked. Global downloading rating set to 0(unlimited). # of connections, global max. is 80, max # of connected peers per torrent is set to 35, # of uploaded slots per torrent is set to 8 and use additional upload if upload speed <90% is checked. Does this seem correct? Or am I doing something wrong? Don't know if this matters but i'm using port 21764 for incoming connections which is working properly. Thanks for checking this for me!

"# of uploaded slots per torrent is set to 8"

Should be only 3.

If you're running ONLY 1 torrent at a time ever, you could increase upload slots per torrent slightly to 6. Any more is almost certainly a waste of time...spreading your upload speed thinly, so other peers that are downloading from you probably are more likely to be getting faster speeds from someone else. Peers generally upload the most to those giving them the most, barring other conditions.

I`ve read everything...but i`m not good at this,so i`ve got a problem..

I see my downloads,but they are nut running,maybe it is because of the speed and

other settings...I`ve got a wireless network...what are the settings for it...can

somebody help me?

I`m ok now...I checked the settings in my Internet Security Programm...it works...

But still...I believe that i can download faster...I don`t have a Time Warner/Road Runner business-class internet connection...Im using internet at work..I wanna know if i can upgrade my general speed settings...

are the values on your table are the ones that im going to put on my bandwidth? my connection is 100mbps... the test that i run show that my Download speed is 200+kb/s then my upload speed 106-107kbps....

what am i going to put on my settings... i can't catch up with ultimas speed guide and yours is like their from each other..

my maximum Download speed is still 30kps-32kbs.... help pls.... thanks

my internet connections says that my connection is 100mbps.. the results of my speed test is DOWNLOAD ave speed 200+kbps and UPLOAD ave speed 106-107 kbps.. but my maximum download speed is just averaging in 30-32kbps.. what can i do to maximize my DL speed... i've already tried your links Switeck.. Switeck are you a filipino.. im using a PLDT DSL..

I am in the USA.

Sounds like you see your LAN ethernet card's speed (to your router or modem?) and mistaking it for your internet speed.

ADSL 2+ tops out at 24 megabit/second down and 1-3.5 megabit/second up -- and MOST ISPs don't give speeds anywhere near that fast!

You may also have confused bandwidth measurements in kilobits/second for file download and upload speeds in KiloBYTES/second.

ok i thought you were a filipino because of your username.. SWITECK... Ok so i should ignore the 100mbps connection... so how can i change my download speed.. im only averaging 30+ kbps maxspeed.. the result was 200+kbps for download.. upload speed is 106kps.. or that is already my maxspeed 30+kbps.. im sorry i only know a little about this topic.. i can't follow... thanks in advance..:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived