seeding files / error files missing from job

golbez03

hey ive been using azureus for a long time now but i always get my internet connection knocked out while im seeding overnight so i tried switching to utorrent and i have this one main problem.. i dont know how to just seed a file that i've already downloaded, i'll bring the torrent in using add torrent and then it starts downloading again. How do i just add a torrent file i've already downlaoded just so it seeds? sorry i'm kinda bad with utorrent.

OK i kinda figured out how to do that now, but for some reason i could only seed like 5 torrents out of lik ethe 50 i have. when i open the torrent i uncheck start torrent, check open for seeding, and check super seeding option in advanced. Then i right clikc the file and hit force start. ALmost every torrent i do this with comes up with "error " files missing from job" And YES i did a search and no one really gave an answer in the few threads that were posted. As i said i had about 5 torrents actually start seeding which is weird i guess the rest about 45 of em keep getting that error. Please if you help me explain it to me well because im not to good with utorrent as of yet.

you mean like when i open it up and check open for seeding and uncheck start torrent and check super seeding, then right click -> set download location? i tried both putting where the torrent file was located and where the files ended up being and then i tried starting them and got the same problem.

i rather use azureus seeing that im really used to it and its very user friendly, but it always knocks out my internet connections when im seeding files during the night and i leave my computer idle. Im really willing to give this aa shot though cuz it doesnt use any where as much resources as azureus, whcih is a very good thing considering i only have 128mb of ram.

well what the heck i open the file, uncheck start torrent and uncheck open for seeding and then check super seeding, it comes up as stopped, then i right click it and go to set download location, and i tried when the file torrent was located, and where the file was downloaded to and still it starts to download ;/

I got this from another forum, & it worked for me:

utorrent is touchy about hash checking it is the only thing that sucks about it. You need to fiddle around and get your hash check to say 100% in order to get that error to go away it always takes me three hash checks to get it right.

Right click on the torrent -->set download location-->browse then click the folder that contains your files hit ok then right click the torrent again-->force recheck. See if your completion % on the torrent line that you right clicked is at 100%.

Archived