Getting the full download path through WebUI

Moshe

Hi,

I'm trying to get the full path of files being downloaded through a torrent.

My problem is, listing through the WebUI only gives a relative path. And you can't count on the default download path location as the uTorrent GUI (not the WebUI) allows you to download torrents to multiple paths.

The reason I need to find the full path is that I want to display the download percentage of a file in a generic windows file browser type application. Since I don't have the full path, I can't verify if a file being listed (by the file browser) is currently being downloaded by uTorrent. I could go by the file name alone, but this isn't very reliable, especially if there are multiple files with the same name in different paths.

I've searched the forums quite a bit and couldn't find a way to get the full path data, am I missing something?

It's not really a LOW priority, it's just that other tasks are taking up dev time. :P But we haven't forgotten about the WebUI, and there are things in the works. Some improvements are already implemented in the code, just not in any released version yet.

Firon:

This isn't really about the WebUI per-say.

The WebUI lets us interact with uTorrent on a code level, regardless of the original target audience being a javascript applet for remote management (i.e. WebUI).

I just hope you'll release some test code so we can integrate support in our code base before our own product release.

Archived