accidentally removed torrent.

gunners37

Hi all,

I had a very large file downloading (about 70Gb). I have acidentally right clicked and selected "remove". It has disappeared from my downloading list. It had been about 70% done.

All the data should still be on my hard disk though, right?

How can I go about un-removing the removed torrent?

The problem is I cannot seem to find where on my hard disk the .torrent file was saved.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks alot. I couldnt see anything in the tracker but In the appdata folder I have now found the torrent itself. If I double click on it it goes to reopen the torrent in utorrent. I must click "ok" to do this.

I havent had the balls to do this just yet. Will it not begin downloading from the start again? Or will it continue where it left off.

I am wondering if there are any settings I should double check to ensure utorrent "forces a recheck"

If you have the incomplete data in the folder where you store your torrents usually, uT will force a recheck itself and continue to download the torrent deleted accidentally.

Of course that implies you have still incomplete data (check the download folder or trash).

Thanks for the continuing help. I am saving to an external hard drive. The data is there. As it was 70% complete I can open the video files and watch some of them (they are incomplete obviously - but they are there).

However I just opened the .torrent file and it began downloading at 0.0% ??? There didnt seem to be any indication it was rechecking... So I stopped it. But again, the existing data is all still there.

Does it display some kind of text to indicate this? Does it take some time to recheck and "correct" itself? Should I leave it over night?

Ok because you have to relocate the torrent in uT.

Just stop the torrent job (this one with ~0%), right click, Advanced > Set Download Location.

Then choose the folder on your external HD where is your file complete to 70%.

Then force a recheck. Restart the torrent job.

uT will resume it.

Ok, I have done all that. It rechecked - for some reason as it rechecked it jumped from 25 to 95 % very quickly after all the other stages were slower.

Following the recheck, I restarted and it is beginning at 0.0% again.

Quite frustrating.

Archived