Version 1.7.7

Needafix

Hi i recently tryed 1.8.2 beta with my vista home prremium and it didn t seem to work that good so now trying 1.7.7 which seems to work best with vista and finally got portforward to work with the green icon and OK and using port number 48652. I notice in Connection / Bit torrent / and Queing theirs a bunch of spaces waiting for some numbers to be typed in and boxs to be checked and unchecked so what goes where and which numbers go where i can t figure it out, do you have a simple step by step instructions as to what numbers to use to speed stuff up a bunch. I don t see any numbers and what gets clicked/un clicked in your guides here and viewed a bunch of you tube videos for help but none of them agree as to what works to speed utorrent up it such a huge mess at the tube . . . My dsl speed is D 1500 and u 400 if that helps but that never stays steady so i think its not a good idea to use dsl speeds to figure out the various numbers i need to use but not sure . Can i ask why torrent speeds are never steady and jump all over the place 20k / 80k / 150 k then 50 k etc and is their any why to get them to stay steady and is it ever really possible to get it up to 300/400 or is that asking much ? And one last thing whats with some you tube videos asking us to change advanced values, that can t be safe or speed things up ! ?

Thanks a bunch i do need help . . .

Most of the YouTube videos are complete junk...and attempt to use settings that qualify as Denial of Service Attacks both to your computer and your ISP.

Please try the latest v1.8.3 beta...and if it doesn't work, we need to do some tests to figure out why.

2nd link in my signature for uTorrent settings based on your max upload speed. Do note the difference between bandwidth (often in kilobits/sec) and speeds (often in KiloBYTES/sec)!

If you've only got 1500 kilobits/sec download bandwidth, then converting that to download SPEED means you *CAN'T* download faster than ~180 KiloBYTES/sec! ...And probably won't go over 150 KiloBYTES/sec because of line losses and limitations of TCP/IP and ADSL!

Switech : thanks a bunch had no idea that i ll be lucky to get 150k, just finished downloading 700 mbs in 3 hours not sure if thats good or bad but seems the best i can hope for after reading your post.

I ll try your your recommended settings see if that helps then try 1.8.3 beta usual beta means primed to fail and gum things up. The chat in the various help torrent forums seem to think that 1.7.7 is the best for vista and the newer stuff just gums things up and never gets fixed, its like using ie 8 and the chat on w7 thats coming out in Oct or March depending on how badley they need the money and how fast they want to screw users as usual amazing how hard it is to get things right and care to fix software to make it right oh well.

When i use 1.8.3 beta what difference should i see and do i use the same setting thats in your link, i won t see anything above 150 right? But worth a shot right?? And oh which of the numerious boxs do i check and leave un checked i am clueless for both versions - thanks a bunch later . . .

You can't exceed the speed of your line in any case.

You know there are guides for this...

http://www.utorrent.com/faq/

http://www.utorrent.com/documentation/

v1.8.3 beta may be soft-killing your marginal networking hardware and software, causing slowdowns...if that's the case, it's almost certainly due to uTP and Teredo/IPv6 connections.

Both can be disabled...with difficulty.

If your connection can handle v1.8.3 beta, it's more likely to get better speeds from peers/seeds on hostile ISPs.

bt.connect_speed defaults to attempting to make 20 new outgoing connections per second, this too can be hard on networking. I've set mine to 1-4.

A couple major and minor bugs were fixed in the last few v1.8.3 betas...so hopefully the most recent is the best ever. If not, a new beta should be out in a couple weeks.

Ok might try it out. I guess i just get fed up with the never ending beta versions that keep coming out it never seems to end yuk and so annoying to keep up with. Are you any good with convert X how do i set it so i can burn a torrent to a dvd using shrink then decrpter can t get the format right , winAVI does it but would like to try it with X see how it looks. One last thing are their any video converters that i can use to fix video problems like contrast and audio and brighten up the colors ! ? thanks a bunch . . .

Opps ok - Ha Ha Ha very funny but windows will always be beta and never run right and the never ending patchs never seem to help since they always rush fix s out and never test it out; but ya get used to it.

Tryed firefox out but can t figure out which of the huge amount of addon s i need since Fox blocks sites and freezes up my java and something else but can t recall it now oh well sticking with MS, wonder what types of mess s w7 will come with and never get fixed. . byeee later . . .

Archived