Not really a newb, canNOT get WebUI to work for me.

justinhorne

Hey everyone. I've been working on this about 3 weeks, trying to get it done myself without having to make a post about it. I've used portforward.com, all the uTorrent documentation, everything. Everything looks to be comfigured properly, and yet, it just won't work. I'm trying to use TorrentFu on my G1. Everytime I input the info to the program, it says the configuration is wrong. I can't even go to the normal ip:port/gui address from another computer (on another network.)

This is getting frustrating, so take a look, tell me what you think:

Coputer is running Windows 7 RC, build 7100.

Running uTorrent 1.8.3, build 15589.

Router is a WRT54G, running DD-WRT.

I currently have done the following:

I go to www.whatismyip.com, and write this down.

Web UI tickbox is enabled in the prefs. I have input my own username and password.

UPnP is enabled for uTorrent.

I currently have the Connectivity Listen port the same as my connection port. However, at one time, I did have this different. When I had it different, I used port forwarding to forward Both kinds of traffic to my computer's IP address (Not my external IP, the one starting in 192.168....)

At one point, I manually configured the uTorrent port forwarding, and tuned DMZ on, no effect.

Windows Firewall is set to allow the uTorrent info through, and uTorrent is showing a green checkbox. At one point, I turned Win Firewall off completely, no change.

I MUST be missing something, but I don't know what. Any help?

When I had an alternate listening port, yes, it was a different port.

On the hosting computer, localhost:port/gui works perfectly fine. On other deviced, I get the "Page Cannot be displayed/not found" error, same as just going to a not real website (www.sadjfhaksdjfhadjf.com, etc...) would do.

Archived