port forward problem

my download speeds are incredibly slow,which is at 3 or 4 kb.And i think one of the causes is with the port forward.im using windows xp home edition,and i already disabled windows firewall.im using d-link dsl 2540t router.i followed the steps in portforward.com but after port forwarding the port is still closed.help is greatly appreciated.thanks

Your ISP (Telekom Malaysia Berhad -- an ADSL? ISP) or its upstream provider is extremely hostile to both BitTorrent traffic and international traffic (which BitTorrent is notorious for.)

Your modem may also need to be configured (check for it at portforward.com in their ROUTERS section.)

Slow speed section in the 1st link in my signature might help.

And of course 2nd link in my signature once you can figure out just how much/little upload you can really use for uTorrent. :(

Lastly, hiding from BitTorrent disruption/throttling can at least partially be done by disabling uTorrent's extra features (DHT, LPD, Resolve IPs in particular, and also possibly uTP and Teredo/IPv6 connections)...and even routing tracker requests and replies through an encrypted proxy.

Archived