ungraceful shutdowns casues need 4 multiple simultaneous file checks

norad

Why does utorrent only check one file at a time after an ungraceful shutdown? Is there a way to recheck all files at the same time? I understand the need for this check but it can be really annoying especially with several large torrents!

Will running multiple instances via the /recover switch cause complications? I was hoping to run 3 instances; one for each hard drive so at least 3 files can be checked at a time. This sounds excessive but my computer often crashes due to it being under powered and over worked. Actually, I have the most problems while using my tv card and utorrent but it's not utorrent's fault. Hauppauge makes shitty hardware and even worse software.

The only other thing I can think of is VMware but that defeats the purpose with all the resources it requires. By any chance has anyone had problems running winamp, amcap, and utorrent over a remote desktop connection?

Oh, I misunderstood and thought you meant you wanted to permanently use separate instances just to distribute the workload. Also worth noting is the fact that hashing can be a very CPU-intensive operation, so having 3 hashing operations going on simultaneously can bring the system to its knees if each instance is checking large torrents anyway.

What kinds of issues are you having running it over a remote desktop connection?

Archived